AOL and Outlook

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 02:25 am
My current service provider is AOL (I know I know, but my AOL email is known to literally hundreds of people, and now I am tied in Sad )

I hate the AOL mail interface, so after some research, I managed to setup Outlook for AOL mail.

However, I have one small problem

While I can access the AOL mail server, read and respond to all mails, I cannot download the mail down to my local .pst file automatically. Since I have a laptop, I like to download all my mails, read and respond to them at leisure, and then connect up and send them across - without being having to be online during this whole time.

So how do I setup my AOL mail to get downloaded to my local .pst file???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 821 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 02:56 pm
Hello Prince,
I've searched high and low with Google (using 'AOL email redirect' as search term).
It finds a lot but nothing very specific.
Your best bet seems to be to try a shareware called 'HELEXIS MAIL REDIRECT'. Others may be available.
Unregistered use allows you to download from one mailbox and send it to another -including all headers etc.
Purchase allows use of multiple boxes.
It is probably time limited.
Just search google with the cap letters above and add 'download' to get you to the download site.

I hope this helps a bit.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 02:55 pm
From today you have another option.
Gmail now offers the facility to suck email from any other account into Gmail.
So, set up a Gmail account.
Then you can use outlook to bring the mail from Gmail to Outlook.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 01:02 pm
Thanks mate-nopes I wont probably open a gmail account as of now, it does not have any combinations of my name available !!!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:53 pm
Re: AOL and Outlook
Quote:
Well, good news. Losing your AOL mail account is no reason not to quit. Leslie Walker at the Washington Post clued us in on a little tip: if you leave AOL, you can continue to check your email indefinitely. Essentially, if you want to leave AOL, just go to AIM and sign up for an account. As Leslie explains it: "Messages sent to, say, [email protected] can be automatically forwarded to [email protected]. People can continue reading those messages even if they no longer subscribe to AOL. All they have to do is activate an AIM Web mail account before leaving."
0 Replies