Am I the only Superbowl Widow(er)?

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 06:56 pm
My husband is happily smashed into the sofa like a pasha, he is surrounded by an abundance of food and three drooling dogs while he watches puffy men chase around a little ball and smash into each other. He is in a zen like state of bliss. I couldn't care less about this spectacle. I just don't have the sports gene. Anyone else here automatically yawn when they hear the word "sports"? Maybe it's just me. I think I'll go take a big bath and listen to some opera.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 825 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 06:58 pm
I hate football. squinney and I are watching what not to wear and then I'm going to do my show.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
Green Witch, I missed out on the sports gene too. Luckily I married one of the few men on the planet without one. I hear they're rare.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Green Witch, I missed out on the sports gene too. Luckily I married one of the few men on the planet without one. I hear they're rare.

Do you think it was surgically removed when he was young, like tonsils?

Bear, I assume you are not performing at a sports bar.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:11 pm
Mr. Noddy is watching--but with headphones.

Thanks to headphones, he can watch all sorts of television with the volume turned way up and I can sit quietly and read.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:11 pm
Prince is tearing up the half time show
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
Headphones = good.

Prince is dressed like Aunt Jemima---? I love Prince, but not the schemata.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:21 pm
rain is hell on that conk honey.... give the man a break.

the real stars of the half time show, in addition to the artists, are the road crew who get it up and take it down so quickly.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:21 pm
Oh, dang. If I'd known about this yesterday, I could have done my Walmart shopping today. The place was probably empty, but for a few disgruntled that didn't call in sick.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:23 pm
here in god's country the super bowl can't compete with march madness.....productivity is merely a word then....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:52 pm
I'm here too. Widowed to the game.

Mr. B is actually ambivilent about professional sports but he does enjoy the superbowl. This year he decided to hang at home, which was nice, so I can't complain.

I liked watching Prince. He's so groovy. Mo grabbed his guitar and "played" along with Prince and that was kind of fun.

Meanwhile I whistled "Money For Nothing" and hoped for the best.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 07:57 pm
no superbowl for me

watched a very good biography on ray charles (PBS American Masters series) and then "walk the line"
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 08:00 pm
Noticed how quickly a2k is zipping along?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 08:05 pm
Not exactly; my wife was watching, but did go out to pick up a pizza for dinner (just before half time). Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 08:15 pm
Yes, I do notice, dadpad. Hmmm.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 08:22 pm
Superbowl or not, I've got time for a2k.

It's about football, isn't it? The superbown, I mean.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 08:37 pm
Prince + rain + "Purple Rain" was great!

I'm the opposite -- I'm the only real fan in the household. (All these guys who would love to have a football-mad wife and I have to find a guy who has no interest in football -- hmph.) I watched the first half plus halftime show but then have been following the rest via Yahoo because I'm considerate 'n' all. Evil or Very Mad

(On the other hand, if the game gets closer hubby knows I. Must. Watch. So far it looks bad for the Bears, so...)
0 Replies