the meaning of life - does this make sense?

rockpie

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:12 am
but then how do we find meaning? if, for example, you have meaning x, and tomorrow it's proven incorrect, but you've spent 50 years dedicated to this meaning, it is no longer a meaning, it never was, you just convinced yourself into it.
i like the fact that my parents say i was brainwashed into Christianity, but have they not brainwashed themselves into atheism? or did society/media do that for them?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:22 am
rockpie- There is an old saying that goes something, like:

"Life is a journey, not a destination".

As we go along, we are gaining meaning for our lives. As we develop, we may discard old notions, and embrace new ones, but that is really what life is all about.

There are all kinds of pulls and tugs that shout, "Look at me, believe in me," etc. Each person needs to use his/her own mind to determine what is the best course. Each experience that one has, has an impact on our way of thinking. The important thing is that we keep on judging, and discerning what makes the most sense to us, and gives our lives the most fulfillment.
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:16 am
but what if life IS a destination!

you can't say it's not because you don't know it's not.

you assume it is because of how your life has presented itself to you.
0 Replies