Can You Use Two Windows Together?

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:31 pm
I don't think it can be done, but maybe someone knows something that I don't. I would like to access a web page on one side of my screen, and Microsoft Word on the other.

For instance, I want to extract some information from a web page, but there is a lot of information on the page, and I only want some of it. I want to take the info that I want from the web page, and make a list on Microsoft Word. Am I able to do that, and if so, how?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 813 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:55 pm
I am not sure if I understand your question Pheonix, but what I understand from what you wrote can be done easily.

Windows that are not in full screen mode can be resized and moved side by side so that both are visible at the same time. To bring information from one to the other, you can just use the copy/paste mechanism.

Is this what you are asking how to do, or am I misunderstanding your question?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:59 pm
Sure - just size the 2 windows appropriately and display them side-by-side. Clicking in one brings it into "focus" - highlight, right-click, and copy what you want from the website, then click in the Word window and paste the copied info.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3710/wordcopyty1.jpg
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
Yup. Just size and arrange the windows so they don't overlap, and neither will disappear behind the other.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:49 pm
Yes, just like others have said.

Plus, related to this, if you are working let's say in excel, and want to simultaneously look at 2 different sheets, (or in Word, you want to look at 2 different pages in the same file) all you have to do is click "window", then "new window" and the same file will appear twice. You then click "window" then "arrange windows" and it sizes them down, so you can be on 2 separate sheets or pages at the same time.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 06:17 am
Thanks, guys. I have never done anything like this before, and I really did not know how to start. You were all very helpful!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 06:35 am
P.S. I tried it, and it worked very well! Very Happy
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 01:17 pm
All I'm gonna say is... Wow.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:53 pm
USAFHokie80 wrote:
All I'm gonna say is... Wow.

This curious mind wants to know....why the "Wow"?
0 Replies