Would you call this cruel and unusual or funny?

Mame

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:15 am
http://www.glumbert.com/media/catbath

I can't think why anyone would put any animal, much less a cat, in here - it looked pretty freaked, esp in the beginning...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,200 • Replies: 36
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:23 am
I think thats what the video was trying to show. ie dont buy this product.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:02 am
egads! Poor cat.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:23 am
oh my god.

People DO THAT to their cats??

wtf?

that poor cat thought he was going to drown.

i mean, picture yourself in there.. water filling up and shooting everywhere and no way to get out.

SPA?

bullshit.

that poor cat.

Shame on the owner.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:26 am
I would like to find the scumbag who did that to that cat...and rip his skin from him while making a video of it.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:42 am
Cruel... extremely cruel. I only saw a few seconds of the bath, but that was horrible.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:48 am
People have no sense.
That thing was like putting the cat in the washer.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 10:11 am
While I may be not a big cat fan, that was disgusting; cartoons and jokes, even mean-spirited, are one thing, blatant cruelty to any critter is another. Whoever is responsible for that oughtta be prosecuted.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
I wish I thought of that invention first.

No dogs allowed though. Just cats.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 11:42 am
That's so unnecessary.... when you can traumatize a cat efficiently with plain household tools and appliances.... put them in the freezer for 10 minutes and stand to the side and open the door..... put clipboard on their tails and watch them run through the house banging it behind them....throw them in the dryer for 2 minutes..... I remember the first place I moved into that had a trash compactor.... we immediately named it the compact-a-cat.....use your imagination people for pete's sake....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:05 pm
Made me sick just watching a few seconds of it. Horrible, just horrible!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:46 pm
I doubt it'll matter, but I emailed them and told them it should be removed. (Have to admit I didn't watch it, I'm taking everyone's word for it that it was as bad as it sounds, and I didn't want to see it.) Maybe the rest of you could comment as well.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 06:51 pm
Sorry your email feel on deaf ears. I only watched a few seconds. That is cruel what they did. There is no reason to terrify a cat like that. I have had many cats and mine I bathe. They liked it. In fact the most special cat I ever had (my first) had to climb in the shower or bathtub with me. I made it fun for him. The hard part was trying to use soap or shampoo without it getting in his eyes. I have always bathed my cats in the sink and never had a problem. What they did would traumatize a cat and that is cruel. I do not find it funny at all.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 07:02 pm
cyphercat I went back there and emailed them also asking that they remove it. I know it does not mean they will but it never hurts to try.
I rather ask than do nothing. I will keep my fingers crossed that they take it off.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 07:06 pm
Just because one site picked up a video and posted it, does not mean that it was intended to be a mean spirited video.

this could very well belong to someone who is bringing light to a horrible invention that is being mass produced and advertised as a "cat spa" ( as it says on the side)

Maybe it was used in a law suit?
Who knows..

but the web site that is hosting it now is probally loving the attention it is getting and is probally populated with people who find this type of stuff funny.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 07:26 pm
That might be true but then if they are trying to express it is something not to be done they should state that. I only told them I did not find it funny if that is their intent and asked them to consider removing it. There was more I said but in a nice way. It still does not mean they will listen.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:14 pm
I just googled "cat spa bath video" and got a whole list of sites that have it. I know I've seen it on youtube too. A quick glance through the sites listed on Google, I got the impression that alot of people don't like it and that the inventor was upset about that video.
'Kitty Washing Machine' Video Makes Waves
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:31 pm
caribou wrote:
I just googled "cat spa bath video" and got a whole list of sites that have it. I know I've seen it on youtube too. A quick glance through the sites listed on Google, I got the impression that alot of people don't like it and that the inventor was upset about that video.
'Kitty Washing Machine' Video Makes Waves

Good that people are speaking up. You should not scare any animal like that.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:17 am
cyphercat wrote:
I doubt it'll matter, but I emailed them and told them it should be removed. (Have to admit I didn't watch it, I'm taking everyone's word for it that it was as bad as it sounds, and I didn't want to see it.) Maybe the rest of you could comment as well.

Doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to complain about a video you haven't even watched for yourself.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 08:56 am
Can I order one online?

What is the carbon footprint of one freaked out kitty bath?
0 Replies