Can Anyone Identify This Film?

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:37 pm
I have a very faint recollection of a really grim film I saw many years ago and wonder what it was called and who the actors were. Nobody I have every mentioned it too remembers it...

I think it was a late 60's 70's British film. All I can remember from the storyline is that a middle aged man gets involved with a young woman who torments him. I think there is a scene where she is singing a song to him about "Harry". She is pregnant and I think he offers to look after her and the baby. She has the baby but murders it and he discovers that she has burnt the body in the back garden.

Horrible I know. It has always stuck in my head. Hope I haven't imagined it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 705 • Replies: 7
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:08 pm
The last time you asked one of these questions, Dorothy, we came up with the answer and waited for your grateful response, but you never reappeared.

There were a lot of hurt people on that thread, Dorothy.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 07:33 am
Probably not correct, but I'll venture a guess: Of Human Bondage (1964). I do not remember any pregnancy in that one, nor infanticide, but certainly a lot of abuse from the floosy towards the poor cripple who loves her helplessly.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:56 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
The last time you asked one of these questions, Dorothy, we came up with the answer and waited for your grateful response, but you never reappeared.

There were a lot of hurt people on that thread, Dorothy.

WotchootalkinboutGus? I would never knowingly not thank anyone for helping me!! Which thread do you mean?

x
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
I don't recall. I think it was another thread about a movie or a book perhaps?

Water under the bridge -- you have been forgiven and everyone involved has moved on.

There was one guy that was still grumbling a little, but I gave him a slap on the side of his head and he shut up in a hurry.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
Re: Can Anyone Identify This Film?
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Horrible I know. It has always stuck in my head. Hope I haven't imagined it!

you are clearly insane, and require immediate help

if however it turns out to be a real movie, disregard the above statement
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 12:46 pm
George Eliot's novel, "Adam Bede" has had a few film versions. The story involves a young woman who becomes pregnant after an affair and then commits infanticide.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 05:32 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I don't recall. I think it was another thread about a movie or a book perhaps?

Water under the bridge -- you have been forgiven and everyone involved has moved on.

There was one guy that was still grumbling a little, but I gave him a slap on the side of his head and he shut up in a hurry.

Apologies all round if I upset anyone.

Thanks Wande - that sounds like the storyline. Looks like I'm not insane after all - yay!

x
0 Replies