Have you noticed how often lawyers lose their licenses?

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 06:18 pm
It seems like there is a group of attorneys that are regularly suspended. Perhaps, they are finally disbarred.

My former husband signed my name to loan agreements as though he had power of attorney, which he did not. The savings and loan that wrote the new mortgage that resulted from that transaction went under and the attorney that did the title search ended up disbarred. Don't feel sorry for him: he's living well in Florida.

The senior attorney who guided (not very well) my neophyte attorney during my divorce has been suspended twice. My former husband's attorney lost her license for a time then resurfaced in NH as a practicing atty.

Jeez!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 896 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 11:11 am
The former prosecutor in the Duke lacrosse case is in serious danger of losing his right to practice law. It appears that his behavior was worse than the prostitute who brought the false rape, etc., charges.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 04:34 pm
I heard something this morning, but, I was getting ready to go to work and brushing my teeth so the sound of water running drowned (pun intended) out most of the broadcast. What happened? Did he know the charges were false?
0 Replies