High Humidity?

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 07:01 am
I can tolerate fairly high temp, but high humidity...no way!

How do people, who live in high humidity environments, tolerate this? Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Dux

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:45 am
Air Conditioners all over the house
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Here it is pretty humid, however when I go to play tennis I have to tolerate it, the worst thing that could happen here(in weather terms) is that it rains a tiny bit & then the sun comes out, wow, talk about humidity, & if you add doing exercise right after that you'll end up covered up in sweat.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:51 am
People adapt. I can't stand humidity -- makes me physically ill sometimes, but after a month in the midwestern summer I was starting to come around.

Grew up with 100 degree temps pretty much every day in the summer, but it was bone dry, and beautiful. Someday I'm going to find a way to move myself to the desert.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:56 am
Re: High Humidity?
New Haven wrote:
How do people, who live in high humidity environments, tolerate this?

New Haven, I hurry from my air-conditioned apartment to my air-conditioned car. And I have covered parking at home and at work, so the only time I have to deal with a hot car is on shopping trips and such.

I recently joined the Y because walking in the humidity is just too tough. So now I exercise in air-conditioning too! Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 10:01 am
We'll keep a light out for you, patiodog.

Hey Dux. Haven't seen you here before. Welcome. I know what you mean about those rains. Just enough to raise the humidity, but not enough to lower the temperature. We can always tell when it has rained here in New Mexico. There are little spots of dried mud on the windshields of the cars.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 10:06 am
Quote:
We'll keep a light out for you, patiodog.

Thanks, but I plan on coming in on a full moon, when you don't need to artificial light. Nothing like moonlight on a clear night in the high desert or high mountains...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 12:57 pm
Mac:

Texas is one hot State! I remember one summer I was in Austin at the University of Texas and the temp at 7 am was over 90F.

As far as heat, I think you can adapt, but you have to drink enough water and be sure not to overdo it.

I can easily remember driving my car, no air conditioning, in the Summer in a rural part of Illinois. HOT!! I thought I was stuck to the front seat. When I tried to get out of my car, I literally had to tear my bare thighs off the seats!
0 Replies