Do you believe in ANGELS...? Ever seen one...?

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:50 am
Is that scary enough to make you behave?

Joe(who me?)Nation
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:04 pm
A new idea to submit to Fear Factor, ha ha, noone will pass this one!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:31 am
Raul-7 wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
These angels are called conscience, and their judgement is instantaneous. No need to wait. Their verdict (in reality your own verdict) will be tattooed onto your soul.

What % of my deeds must be good to get into heaven? 50.01%? Should I take it out a few more decimals, maybe 50.000001%?

What does the BIBLE say about good deeds getting me into heaven?
What does the KORAN say about good deeds getting me into heaven?

And do you mean literally tattooed? And do you mean that the ANGELS are judging me? And you mention that there is no need to wait, but I'm having trouble talking to these angels on my shoulder to find out where I stand? Do you have any advice to talk to those guys?

Don't worry, you won't be wronged in anyway.

We will set up the Just Balance on the Day of Resurrection and no soul will be wronged in any way. Even if it is no more than the weight of a grain of mustard-seed, We will produce it. We are sufficient as a Reckoner. (Surat an-Anbiya': 47)

You cannot communicate with them, Angels have no free will - they only abide by God's command.

As for your deeds, I told you, if you have your book in your right hand you will be able to rejoice and you will feel no sorrow. However, if you have it in your left hand, you'll wish you were never brought back to life.

Those with the Book in their right hand-

On that Day you will be exposed-no concealed act you did will stay concealed. As for him who is given his Book in his right hand, he will say, 'Here, come and read my Book! I counted on meeting my Reckoning.' He will have a very pleasant life in an elevated Garden, its ripe fruit hanging close to hand. 'Eat and drink with relish for what you did before in days gone by!' (Surat al- Haqqah: 18-24)

As for those with the Book in their left hand-

But as for him who is given his Book in his left hand, he will say, 'If only I had not been given my Book and had not known about my Reckoning! If only death had really been the end! My wealth has been of no use to me. My power has vanished.' (Surat al-Haqqah: 25-29)

Even worse is the one with his Book behind his back-

But as for him who is given his Book behind his back, he will cry out for destruction, but will be roasted in a Searing Blaze. He used to be joyful in his people. He thought that he was never going to return. But in fact his Lord was always watching him! (Surat al-Inshiqaq: 10-15)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwn
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:35 am
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(who me?)Nation

I don't believe in heaven one bit. I don't have a thread of faith in me. But even in the event that it does exist, I've got absolutely no doubt that the actions of my life would stand up against any of these religious nut jobs.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:55 pm
Wilso wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(who me?)Nation

I don't believe in heaven one bit. I don't have a thread of faith in me. But even in the event that it does exist, I've got absolutely no doubt that the actions of my life would stand up against any of these religious nut jobs.

"Don't believe one bit." "In the event it does exist" Hmmm
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 11:04 pm
Intrepid.... what makes your God any more believable than all the other Gods man has had over the history of mankind.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 11:13 pm
Atheism - or, for that matter, agnosticism - simply takes rejection of a god or gods one step further than does any deistic construct; the difference between "All god/gods propositions are invalid" and "All god/gods propositions other than my own are invalid" merely is a matter of degree.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 11:23 pm
All the gods man has had in the course of the existence of this creature have been variations of the same idea.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 03:56 am
Cyracuz wrote:
All the gods man has had in the course of the existence of this creature have been variations of the same idea.

Really? So when they worshipped the Sun or the Moon prior to being able to characterise a more sophisticated god, they were still worshipping the same thing?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 03:58 am
Intrepid wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(who me?)Nation

"Don't believe one bit." "In the event it does exist" Hmmm

Don't try reading any more into the statement. There isn't anything else there.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:02 am
wilso wrote:
Really? So when they worshipped the Sun or the Moon prior to being able to characterise a more sophisticated god, they were still worshipping the same thing?

Yup.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:25 am
Cyracuz wrote:
wilso wrote:

Yup.

I doubt that anyone following any of those religions would agree with you.

I'm betting that by agreeing with you, they would pretty much be damned to their respective hell's.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:12 am
Angels? Bloody nuisance if you ask me. Always bickering about who should or should not get arc-status. And what do they do? Nothing useful, just a bit of wing flapping and scaring the living daylights out of people by turning up unannounced. And when you want one where are they? Nowhere. You're lucky to get a fallen one these days. No sorry Angels...a complete waste of time...good for nothings. Even Pharzuph.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:13 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Angels? Bloody nuisance if you ask me. Always bickering about who should or should not get arc-status. And what do they do? Nothing useful, just a bit of wing flapping and scaring the living daylights out of people by turning up unannounced. And when you want one where are they? Nowhere. You're lucky to get a fallen one these days. No sorry Angels...a complete waste of time...good for nothings. Even Pharzuph.

Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 01:17 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
wilso wrote:

Yup.

That doesn't square with the evidence, though ... it seems animism/animal worship - dating back some 70,000 years, and fertility cults, dating back perhaps as far as 250,000 years or more (Berekhat Ram, Tan-Tan), predate god/gods concepts by many millenia.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 01:37 am
Also predates what the age that the dominant religions believe the earth is-but that topic's been done to death already!
0 Replies