Windows HP Home & Windows Media Player 11 not compatible???

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 03:39 pm
I am trying to install an iRiver Clix MP3 which requires WMP 10 or higher. The installation CD is supposed (according to the manual) to put WMP 11 on my computer in the course of the instaallation. I have tried with WMP 10, and WMP 11, but with no luck.

The CD starts with a button for installing WMP 10, but I get messages saying that I already have 10 or higher; or that I am currently running 10. The first seems a bit strange as a reason for not proceeding with the installation, and the second isn't true.

After installing 11 myself, since the CD doesn't seem able to get that far, I now get the message that "WMP 11 is not compatible with this version of Windows". Now really!

I would like some guidance clearing this up. Is this incompatibility true? (If so, I wonder why iRiver has 11 on the CD as part of the installation.) Has anyone heard of this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 529 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:25 pm
MS Knowledge base
I'd suggest going to MS Knowledge base website. They have a lot of good info there regarding technical problems.

Here's a head start:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=11372&query=&adv=
0 Replies