The Donald???

eoe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:19 pm
Can someone please explain to me why Donald Trump was the recipient of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,258 • Replies: 10
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:25 pm
He probably paid for it himself. He is just about the most annoying person
there is.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:39 pm
My husband said that he probably bought that little piece of 'real estate'. Laughing
I just can't believe it. I mean, talk about pissing on all of the others who actually earned a star? If I was a Meryl Streep or Warren Beatty, I'd do a Lucy and have my star taken out.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 09:48 am
No one, huh? No one can explain it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 10:39 am
On Sesame Street, "[Donald Grump] has his name on every piece of trash in town."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 10:58 am
wiki says

Quote:
In order for a person to get a star on the Walk of Fame, he or she must agree to attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection, and a $15,000 fee must be paid to the Trust for costs such as security at the star ceremony; a 2003 FOX News story noted that the fee is typically paid by sponsors such as movie studios and record companies, as part of the publicity for a release with which the honoree is involved. On other occasions, the fee is paid by a fan club or the nominating person or organization.

However, controversy and mystery surrounds the way the "Stars" are nominated and approved, as discussed in a 2001 ABC News story that interviewed honorary Hollywood mayor Johnny Grant.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 04:50 pm
ah-ha. So he DID buy it. What a sadass man. So hungry for media attention, he's willing to pay for it.

Money or no money, he's got to be a nightmare to live with.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 11:19 am
because he has the worst combover in the history of combovers! I don't know if that helps...it is justt a theory
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 01:19 pm
Then he'll be the recipient of next years Oscar - all paid for by himself. Laughing

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/414513c6282abc1a.jpg

Donald Trump's hair - nickname: the dead squirrel.
Personal achievments: staying unaltered for 30 years.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 01:28 pm
I saw something about a bet, loser shaves his head -- I wonder if that's the way he'll segue into finally losing the dead squirrel, and then just because he shaved it because he's a good sport, ya know, he decides to keep it because it looks dashing...

Anything but that combover! Gack.

(DrewDad, I love Donald Grump! Sesame Street still has it, now and then. What do you think of Abby Cadabby though? I see dollar signs all over her, it's irritating me.)
0 Replies

strawberry333

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:46 pm
That's just dumb. It makes no sense. Why would he even want a star?

I had no idea those were all paid for. I guess it makes sense, but kind of ruins it....People shouldn't be allowed to buy their own star!

So if I wanted a Star, and had 15,000, I could have one? Thats weird.
0 Replies