Roaches....

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:49 am
i think i will do that too actually.

He saw them when i was cleaning this place out, so he knows they are here.
I will ask him if he can set something up for us.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:53 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Do you have adjoining apts?

If so, it might not be your place that is breeding them.

Tell your landlord. He should send a professional out to exterminate. Screw the baits. Use the big dogs. Roaches are near impossible to get rid of.

Yeah, if your neighbors are the problem, you'll never completely get rid of them in your place.

God, that's what I hated about the dorms at school. You could be really neat and clean, but if just one person on the floor was dirty, forget it.

Here's an idea if you hate the thought of doing the dishes constantly....

How about if you line a box or garbage bin with a heavy duty trash liner, or get some of those GIANT size zip lock bags I've seen advertised (the one's that you see people storing sporting equipment in).
After you rinse the dishes off, you can put then in the big zip lock or trash bag, and TIGHTLY seal it. Roaches can flatten themself to get in the tighted places, so you really have to block the opening.

Then, just transfer them to the dishwasher when ready.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 05:40 pm
Creepy Crawly Roach link
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:27 pm
yuuuck

well, i can say that I notice an immediate diffrence after I put down that roach bait

but i am still throwing a tantrum about having to do my dishes more then once a day.

Im not 'messy" , I clean it all up really well, leaving it spotless for the next day
it is just afternoon and on that is dirty.

i just dont waaaaannnna.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:52 pm
Totally weird but I was just watching a mexican telly station where they were demonstrating how you can buy jewelry decorated live roaches to wear on your clothing. Is that awesome or what?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:59 pm
A season or two ago, on America's next top model, one of the challenges was for the contestants to do the runway with bejeweled cockroaches on leashes. Leashes had clips on the end to clip to clothing. Big roaches. Crawling on the models. The one model that wasn't freaking out, held the cockroach in her hand and kissed it.

Yes, I sometimes get sucked into crappy shows....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:08 pm
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/topmodel.jpg

Live roach jewelry

You know that you can get them with REAL diamonds??
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:19 pm
Lemmee outta here...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:34 pm
Me too, that's just too disgusting and weird for words! Ick ick ick... talk about a fly's legs - good lord, who knows where that roach has been? shudder!

A few years ago we were in San Antonio walking down some street looking for a restaurant. I'd say it was about 7:00 and still nice out. It was balmy and there was a nice drumb band doing some clicky-clacky thing that seemed to follow us wherever we went... we were really enjoying our stroll...

Then I realized, rather idly at first, that this shadow on the sidewalk had been in front of us for rather a long way (several blocks)... As I was remarking on this to my husband, the shadow suddenly veered to the right... I got goosebumps all over as it dawned

ICK ICK ICK
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:43 pm
Interesting about memory. I can still see this thing, but not name it.

What I remember was this three inch cucaracha, on the tile floor. But where was it, and what year? was it a cockroach or some other ick-time bug?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:48 pm
I have never seen a cockroach in my life. I've heard horror stories about them, but I have been spared from their presence everywhere I have ever lived. I do have an incident to relay, however, about another pest which invaded my house last summer:

I was standing at my kitchen sink, letting the water run from the tap in such a manner as to achieve optimum coolness for a forthcoming glass of water. I held the glass in my hand, patiently waiting for the water to chill properly, when I noticed movement on the backsplash of the sink.

Upon closer inspection I realized it was a small black ant. It was approximately the size of the dot above the this (i).

I carefully and slowly, so as to not crush the bug, placed my finger in an area near him (or maybe her. I looked and could see no evidence of a penis) and waited until he had climbed onto my finger and then I walked toward the door, examining the little guy, who was now on my fingernail, as I did so.

I opened the door, held my finger out, and exhaled a great puff of air which sent the little guy airborne. I lost sight of him shortly after he left my fingernail, but I'm sure he survived the trip quite nicely.

I haven't seen him since and often wonder about that little guy.

But, other than that, I guess I have never seen any pests in my house.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:51 pm
You know, I've never met a roach I liked, but I don't think the little darlins have ever been associated with the spread of any disease - unlike certain houseflies.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:00 pm
(I keep saying this) I don't believe you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:01 pm
I think he's telling the truth, osso. Roger very seldom lies.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:01 pm
Er, that wasn't to Roger.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:12 pm
If not roger, then who?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:13 pm
I hope you'll believ this.. It's about my spider (former). Her name was princess, and the entire original post is completely true. As discussions will, it quickly digressed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:16 pm
I remember reading that story, roger, and I also remember thinking at the time that you were a decent sort of person, allowing that spider to live and all.

Most people would have screamed and squashed the poor creature.

Your actions moved you up a notch on my scale.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:30 pm
I hope I'm not repeating myself, as I've tried to post this slight comment mere minutes ago...

but whom, Gus, whom.

Off to read Roger's link.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:35 pm
Shewolf, it's not the big ones, is it? I hate the big ones.

The cold weather definitely brings them inside.
0 Replies