Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,722 • Replies: 95
No top replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:04 pm
Do you think there is? I do.
0 Replies

yinyang44

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:13 pm
Why do you think there is good and evil? Also, what is good and what is evil?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:27 pm
Welcome to A2K, yinyang44.

Yours is a very interesting question. Do you have an answer to it yourself?

Do you think there are such things as good and evil?

I think that the idea of good and evil is basically a social contruct that tends to change over time and according to partucular situations.

How about you?
0 Replies

yinyang44

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:45 pm
Thank you for the welcome Infra Blue. Well, as you can see, I believe in order. When you have order in your heart, mind and in your daily activities you autimatically see "good" things happening. If you don't have order in those three areas, then you're going to have a lot of chaos in your life which it can also be called "evil" things happening in your life. So, you see, Infra Blue I think in my opinion that order is the key word. Order leads to "good" things.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:47 pm
yinyang44 wrote:

I agree with InfraBlue, the meaning changes depending on the situation. In its simplest terms, good is positive and evil is negative.
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
yinyang44 wrote:

I agree with InfraBlue, the meaning changes depending on the situation. In its simplest terms, good is positive and evil is negative.

Yes there is both good and evil! Razz
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:08 pm
Hello.
Laughing
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:13 pm
I think there is good and evil. By that I mean I believe there are things that are good in itself, and bad in itself (not depending on a person's bias).
This I think is intuitive.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:05 pm
yinyang 44..... Welcome

In your question I see there is "do you think"... answers consist..."I believe" .. "I think " .

You then go on to stipulate that their is, quote....When you have order in your heart, mind and in your daily activities you automatically see "good" things happening. "If you don't have order in those three areas, then you're going to have a lot of chaos in your life which it can also be called "evil" things happening in your life. So, you see, Infra Blue I think in my opinion that order is the key word. Order leads to "good" things..... unquote. I would suggest that Hitler, for one had those "three" things well and truly under control and happening in his life. The same thing can be said for many others of the same ilk, if you were to ask them they would say they were good things... would also say that they "believed" and they "think" it is-was a good thing and the only time they had chaos in their lives was when others came along and shot their "believing" and "thinking" down in flames.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:37 pm
Good and evil and man-made concepts. Everything animals and homo sapeiens do are "natural." It's the survival of the fittest. That man created and established a "legal" system only means that the person with wealth has more legal rights than the poor. Man is good at creating and destroying. Good and evil is in the eye of the beholder. I see war as evil, but that's a personal perception. Some think killing others for political reasons are justified. I think the only time it's justified is in self-defense/survival.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:16 am
Yeah, I can easily imagine a sane person perceiving child rape as good, and helping an elderly person to walk accross the street as evil.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 11:41 am
snood, In some (many) cultures of the past, it was the right of the king to have young girls as concubines. You call it "rape."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:04 pm
Well buddy, rape is rape - regardless of age.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:05 pm
Your "contemporary" Americanized perception.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:49 pm
Ya think? So, forcing someone into having sex is open to interpretation?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 03:37 pm
snood, In many cultures, girls do not have any choice; their parents select their husbands for them - some at very early age.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:15 pm
snood..... even today there are "beliefs" that require the mutilation of the male and female sex organs of innocent children and the perpetrators "think" and "believe" it's right.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:06 pm
Thank you, anton. Another good point; facts about some cultures in today's world.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:07 pm
Another fact: India still practices infanticide of girl babies by the millions every year.
0 Replies