Iran's Khatami

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:10 pm
Will Khatami survive? He promised changes in the political and economy of Iran, but has not delivered. Many student dissidents are showing their displeasure at broken promises, and demonstrators are being put into jail - they say over 5,000. What is Iran's future? c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:20 pm
Rumsfeld
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:26 pm
Oh, my god.........I kinda feel sorry for them. c.i.
0 Replies

Mamahani

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
Sad

Hopefully that won't be needed.

And I hope that we Iranians can resolve this problem ourselves.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:16 pm
Mamahani- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:28 pm
Mamahani, WELCOME to A2K. I have a friend in Iran, but have not heard from him for quite awhile. I hope he and family is okay. c.i.
0 Replies

Mamahani

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:37 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Mamahani- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Thank you! Very Happy

cicerone imposter wrote:
Mamahani, WELCOME to A2K. I have a friend in Iran, but have not heard from him for quite awhile. I hope he and family is okay. c.i.

Thanks cicerone imposter. Where does your friedn live in Iran? And is he a student?

Reports say that the government has arrested 5,000 students who allegedly are responsible for the past studentdemonstrations. Tehran campus will be closed soon as well.(For a brief period of time)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:55 am
Mamahani, No, he's not a student. He's an engineer. He has sent us many photos of historical sites in Iran. He told me about his family, and they have traveled to Istanbul. Since my computer was infected with a virus in the past, I lost his email address, and was hoping he would write another letter, but no luck. c.i.
0 Replies

Mamahani

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:00 am
Oh, ok Very Happy

Well let's hope he's alright :wink:
0 Replies

Mamahani

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:09 am
Regarding your topic cicerone imposter, if Khatami will survive. I think that he'll be able to hold out his precidency until next elections. But after that, he will be a mere shadow of himself in Iranian politics.

In Iran he is turning out be the coward that was not able to challenge the conservatives, and who did not deliver the peoples hope of democracy.

Today in Iran, it is not an issue of reforment or not, it's an issue of how to remove the mullahs from power and installing a proper democracy. (Which does'nt have to mean military operations from foreign powers!)
0 Replies