sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:15 am
I just dropped off my kid at kindergarten, it was a sea of scarlet and grey. (Us included!) It's fun to live in a football town (especially when the team is doing well).

I'm a teeny bit worried about complacency -- Troy already has his Heisman and everything -- but looking forward to tonight.

Go Bucks!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/College/NCAAn-r/Ohio_2555.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,048 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:41 pm
Five of the last six "championship" games have been won by the underdog, so don't take anything for granted.

And even though I am a Wolverine living in Gator country, I have to put that aside and root for the Big Ten team, even when it's the Buckeyes.

Go Bucks!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:52 pm
My gut tells me that OSU will win this one, but I have to watch the game at the home of a gator alum...
I'll have to keep my mouth shut for the most part.

I just hope they can finally shut up any remaining doubters.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:31 pm
Ouch.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:53 pm
Shows what my gut knows about football...

My gut sends apologies to Buckeye Nation.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:53 am
Your gut is much too gracious. Hope you enjoyed it, the Gators were inspired. (And the Bucks were heavy, plodding, complacent, not all there... ugh.) Losing Ginn definitely hurt big-time, though.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 09:05 am
After the results of the various bowls, especially USC-Michigan and OSU-Florida, is there any chance the Big Ten may have been just a bit overrrated?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 09:06 am
I do think that the team that beat Michigan could've beat the Gators -- but that team played 51 days, countless banquets, and a healthy Tedd Ginn Jr. ago.

That said, the BCS system is dumb.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 02:26 pm
Soz, You and sozlet have my sympathy. You are the only OSU fans who get my sympathy, however Wink I agree that if this game had been played a month and a half ago, the outcome might have been very different. That doesn't excuse OSU for not being prepared. I don't think the Big 10 was over-rated, CowDoc.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 02:38 pm
I haven't found any reputable cites for this, but E.G. says that the rumor on campus is that Ginn injured himself while celebrating with teammates after his TD. Double ugh.

Yeah, I think OSU messed up, preparation-wise. Not just plain conditioning, etc., but I think their heads weren't really in it. They were looking past the game to the victory parade.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:10 pm
I really don't like OSU. They are a professional football team, IMHO. OSU fans, present company accepted, are really obnoxious. It's a game, people. Get real.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 07:04 pm
I know what you mean, Swimpy.

Sozlet analysis of the game:

Here's what happened: OSU thought, "Oh, this will be [i]easy[/i]." But the Gators thought, "This is going to be hard. We better work really hard." And so they won.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 07:14 pm
She's smarter than the average buckeye Wink
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 04:52 pm
I am now surrounded by insufferable Gator fans.

On the other hand, if it had turned out differently, I would be surrounded by insufferable Buckeye fans. Potato, potahto.

The Big Ten had a miserable bowl season, but their two post-season wins were against SEC teams (Wisconsin over Arkansas, Penn State over Tennessee).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:05 am
How do you manage to be surrounded by Gator fans and Buckeye fans at the same time, Greyfan? Snowbirds?
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:37 pm
Snowbirds, and permanent transplants, like myself.

We have one guy here who was an actual Buckeye, or wanted to be. He tried out for the team as a walk-on lineman, and was cut by Woody himself. Woody said "son, I admire your spirit, but you're just too darn slow."

A problem the Buckeyes are still dealing with, it would seem.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
I haven't found any reputable cites for this, but E.G. says that the rumor on campus is that Ginn injured himself while celebrating with teammates after his TD. Double ugh.

This has been quietly confirmed, btw, first it was just "reportedly" and now it's openly admitted, like:

Quote:
Ginn returned the opening kick for a touchdown, shocking Florida in the first seconds of the BCS title game in January. At that moment, Ginn and the Buckeyes were on top of the football world. Then Ginn suffered a middle-foot sprain when teammate Roy Hall pulled him to the ground during the touchdown celebration.

Ginn, still recovering from the injury, was done for the game and so was Ohio State as Florida went on to dominate in a 41-14 victory.

"It's kind of like a high ankle sprain," said Ginn Jr., who has been clocked as fast as 4.28 in the 40-yard dash in college and was the Ohio 110-yard champion as a high school senior. "It's going to take a lot of rehab and a lot of rest to come back right."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-ginn041807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Idiots.
0 Replies