Seeing Numbers and Letters in Your Mind.

Foley

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 05:57 pm
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
With words i tend to see the word as the colour of the first letter, sometimes extending to the second letter.
how do u post in colour?

People don't actually see it physically, but in their mind they do.

The friend i mentioned in my first post is doing a whole project on it now, for her art course.
Im gyped i don't have it with music. but apprently that's really rare.

No, you're wrong. This proves that you absolutely do not have it. People with the disorder do physically see it- that is what makes the disorder so amazing!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 03:38 am
this is interesting:http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/44/brain_man
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
f:
read the rest of the thread.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:06 pm
cyphercat wrote:
So, Foley, you're saying that people with synesthesia actually see numbers as colors, not just in their mind's eye?

Like, they'd see 5555525555, even if in reality the numbers are just printed in black? That's really interesting; makes more sense to me than the other thing people were talking about, I mean as far as it being a diagnosed "condition."

I didn't have it right up until the point where I read this post. Now I do. Thanks a lot, cyphercat.

Seriously, I've never associated colours with anything, all of this seems very alien to me. As a composer, I've heard of composers who see symphonic texture in colours. Sounds like quite a handy gift.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:11 pm
Eorl wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
So, Foley, you're saying that people with synesthesia actually see numbers as colors, not just in their mind's eye?

Like, they'd see 5555525555, even if in reality the numbers are just printed in black?

I didn't have it right up until the point where I read this post. Now I do. Thanks a lot, cyphercat.

Shocked dude, me too! Funny how it comes and goes, just like that...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:19 pm
Laughing

I'm curious about "when" a 5 that looked like an S, but turns out to be a 5 suddenly changes colour. Tricky number plates must look like the front of a strip club to these people.
0 Replies