• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 968 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:30 am
Re: PLATO - The Prophet for the Gentiles
Solve et Coagula wrote:
....This letter is not SPAM. ...

Pretty much 100% of the time when you see that, it's spam.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 06:00 am
Solve wrote:
He created the Cosmos

Unless you're being poetic here I'd say that you bring nothing new to the table. Just another spin on a fancy.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:10 pm
Hear ye, hear ye, all gather round the return of Neoplato aka Solve our modern day profit of canonical wisdom.

Quote:
My name is Brigitte Dehmelt Cooper. This letter is not SPAM.

First of all, the proper spelling of your name should be "Bridget." That is an awfully pretentious spelling, and I think that if your parents really wanted you to have a unique name, maybe they could have just come up with something a little more creative...rather than hacking and slashing an existing name.

Second of all (never hear it put that way, do you?), a word of advice: listen to jespah. Even if the rest of what you have to say is not spam, you've already just written 4 words of spam when you write "this is not SPAM." Give your readers the credit of having a conscious mind discerning enough to decide what they are, and are not, interested in reading...and go the extra bound by assuming, furthermore, that they have a working nervous system allowing them to physically act based on that thought, rather than being robotic animations who care to be puppeteered by your words on paper!

Quote:
...having awareness of distinctions, the longing for joy and satisfactions, and maintaining Hope in the face of great tragedies. Coming to terms with the problems of Theodicy, not losing trust in the power and goodness of God, who tolerates much evil in the world, yet being the supreme reality in the Cosmos.

You are aware of distinctions? My oh my, where did you get your edumication, and where can I get mine! I always thought that distinctions were indiscernible, for all that I see is homogeneous.

I'm also happy that you, too, seek happiness. Unfortunately, this makes you a rare and misunderstood breed of human outcast, but do not lose heart: there are some who still take pity on your kind, and will guide you along the road to a magical land where you are not shunned for wanting to be happy.

I doubt that you have truly come to terms with the problems of TheIdiocy, but leave that to your next book!

Oh, and please see this helpful guide on capitalization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization). Hope, theidiocy, cosmos, and god should all not be capitalized. Actually most sources will tell you that god should be capitalized but that's only because god was squeezing the balls of the poor soul who wrote the book, and if he didn't abide by the big boy he would be fired and banned from the republican's club for life.

Quote:
I have attached a PDF copy of my self-published book, "Plato: The Prophet for the Gentiles", for you to review and to critique, if you feel so inclined.

Excellent! How noble of you to offer this book in a free format so that it can be used as a common reference source for all who are too scrupulous to spend the $6 it takes to purchase your book and achieve eternal happiness (and escape purgatory and hell, too).

Truly, you are an angel in the reflection of great people before you who so freely distributed the bible before you...and you're not even trying to torture us to death before reading it first! Bless your heart.
0 Replies

FastTadpole

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 08:17 am
@Solve et Coagula,
Hey buddy, can't find this book anywhere. You know how to reach me.

~FastTadpole
"Know Thyself"~SocratesÂ’
0 Replies