To Ramble On... And on.

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:10 am
I need an outlet today, desperately. If you will, read on and think... I'm sure something I have to say will spur an emotion or two. I can't get over my youth. I hate it. Why can't I be satisfied with where I am? Supposedly at my peak, I feel no different than the memories of my past. Always understated. How does the shepard tend deaf, dumb and blind sheep? I need to pass what little I know in order to legitimize it's worth. When my peers do not accept my knowledge it hurts. When my elders do not accept my knowledge I see no reason to try to reach their place, that age.

I hover right at the threshold of suicide every second of the day. The hope that I might recognize the slightest worth in myself tomorrow keeps me going. I've waited 24 hrs yet again, but it's still today.

Good thing hope isn't marked on the calender.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,643 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:55 am
For all people, life has its regrets. This is part of the human condition. I am concerned that you talk about suicide. You need to be able to talk to someone RIGHT NOW. Please check this out:

http://suicidehotlines.com/

No matter how you are feeling, there is always a way to make things better. Life is too precious to throw it away. As the old saying goes, "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

Please call one of the numbers, and talk it out with someone who cares. Let us know how you are doing. Good Luck
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:12 am
Quote:
I need to pass what little I know in order to legitimize it's worth.

You need to learn to evaluate the worth of your own knowledge and your own self. It is YOUR opinion of yourself that matters. No one else can legitimize your view of yourself. Please go out and buy a book called "Feeling Good." Clck Here for info

I echo Phoenix's advice. If you are suicidal, please call for help.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:24 am
First of all, anybody who writes as well as you do needs to keep on doing so.

But I suggest you read a little first.

There is a fine gathering of writers in this forum you've discovered.

And many of the most delightful boards--some cute, some funny, some serious, some scalding.

I encourage you to click on the topics of greatest interest to you and begin reading.

I suspect, before long, you will feel stimulated, cheered, and pleasant.

Then you'll say to yourself, "wait a minute; for a few moments there I forgot completely about my troubles!"

Welcome, harmonic.

I look forward to seeing a bit more of you around here.
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:32 am
You are all good people to come to this cry. I have called the "suicide hotlines" before, and will never do so again. The result is a legal mental inquest warrant. An admission of suicidal thoughts, in my opinion, is an admission of basic humanity. My view of the world around me is clear, even when my personal feelings are not. This is the way the world has always appeared to me; if you can see it with me, clear but missunderstood. This duality is at the front my conscience... At my age I struggle to asscociate the truth with what I see around me. It's about the patently false assertion which is nevertheless accepted as true. I try to hold onto faith in truth while the whole world crumbles into a mass-market of capitalism. The psychiatrists who dealt with me the last time I was confined on a warrant were obviously concerned with only two things: Their lisence to make money, and their ability to keep it.

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to you who have taken the time to answer my call. Suicidal thoughts have been a part of my life since my earliest memroies. I must admit, I speak of this sometimes just to gain attention, and that is wrong. The feelings are true, but the attention I seek in regards is not fair to those who care. I do need a method of expulsion, though... I would ask that you forgive me, and consider my need - just to converse. I can find no one in my life who can look past the assertions of everyday life and listen to my words as they stand. I wish you all the best, and I will be here to answer any replies.

You have my deepest thanks, H.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:41 am
harmonic- You write beautifully. Why don't you become involved in one or more of the threads here? Find a topic that interests you. I think that you will find a lot of people who have interests in common with you.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:55 am
harmon:

Here's my suggestion for some good reading:

HORROR

It's not what you may think...

Setanta is one of this forum's great treats. Very knowledgeable in history, and in this thread, revealing in his devotion to his pets. But that's not the real topic he's addressing...

farmerman, another pip of a poster, weighs in with a mild rejoinder.

And...well, read it.
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:57 am
Well, for what I can deduce from your posts, I'm even younger than you, & I know what t feels that so called grown ups despise my knowledge, & the ignorant people of my age see me as this enigmatic guy. They don't understand me, however I UNDERSTAND MYSELF, & that's the important thing, it doesn't matter what the other people say, they are sheep, & we(those who have a non-practical philosophy) are wolves, so don't expect them to understand, I'll suggest to talk with people who do apreciate knowledge, to those who are afraid of it.

Suicide of smart people is extremely bad, since life is the only thing we have, & I guess you know that, & by suiciding you'l also hurt the new upcoming society, we NEED SMART PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

If you wanna talk more about it pm me.

Have a nice day Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:11 am
harmonic; anyone who chooses such a name must have real possibilities;
in harmonics a series of notes build a unity and grace which is beyond the individual elegance of any single note; such is life! (And such is A2K)
And, I agree with your comment on suicide; if one has not encountered it, one does not really understand humanity, and the point of going on.
Many of us here, perhaps most, do not buy into the corporate universe.
It is a good place to try your ideas, and find other opinions.
As has been said, the world can least afford the loss of its most sensitive!
Welcome.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:56 am
harmonic, You are going to be fine, because you have shared your thoughts here, and that's a true beginning; you have also discovered that shrinks.."know everything and do nothing"; and that Bo is right. Anyone with a handle such as yours is still making beautiful music. Cool

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:16 am
I think I am involved now. A good thing, but it won't be easy. I have an unexplained aversion to topics... It takes a certain spontaneity to hold my interest. I must say, I am overwhelmed by the compliments on my writing. I am a musician, but only in physical practice - I hadn't fancied myself a writer. I find this thread to be very satisfying. I will certainly stick around, but I can't vouge for my ability to "join in" here or there. I act when moved. I'm not sure how to take the label of "sensitive"... I'll let it stand as a compliment, thank you.

I joined this bulletin board a few weeks ago, and posted a hello message, but that really wasn't a good introduction. Issues of philosophy will grasp my attention, thus I posted here today. I look forward to engaging in the exchange of knowledge and ideas with you. I'm very pleased to meet you all. My spirits are lifted already. *smiles* Thanks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:18 am
Were you suffering harmonic dissonance?

Just wonderin' . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:26 am
Very Happy Setanta has injected a little levity here.

Hey, harmonic. If you like spontaneity, you just gotta be a Jazz musician. Improvisation in the key of C; modulation into B flat. Kids still like Jazz don't they?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 04:19 am
I often see how we are brought up as self-centered individuals. We think we deserve attention from the others, we think we are special. But then, at the beginning of adult life, we discover how society barely gives a damn about our ideas. Attention fades.

That hurts. Hurted me too.

Then I discovered that to be part of a large ecosystem, including humanity, is not a struggle for attention, but a struggle for global survival. The weaponry in this struggle is a solid backbone, yoga, and relativism.

Relate to others as if they were you. If you ask love and devotion from others, you'll get slammed over again. You have to find pride in the sacrifice for us all. Give yourself up. Evaporate into society. Give it something unselfish, and it will give you something back.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:44 am
Excellent advice from Wolf;

When we seek to gain from those around us by asserting our insights, and creativity, most efforts fall on deaf ears, or receive riddicule; but when we simply give of ourselves willingly, and selflessly, the rewards are immeasurable!
0 Replies