Computer Clicking and iexplore Question

dupre

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:09 am
What is iexplore?

Two things are happening on my computer.

1. The darn thing clicks every 10 seconds or so, so something is trying to run.

2. Every now and then a box pops up and says somethings about an iexplore not being able to read memory. And I can x out of it.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 815 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dupre

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:19 am
I went to my task manager and clicked on the processes tab.

Some of those items are increasing every second or so in memory usage.

Like bdmcon.exe

Is this normal?

Wouldn't it eat up all my memory eventually? Even if I never touched my computer again?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:43 am
Smells like spyware. Have you tried http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54757 ?
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:46 pm
Thanks, jespah.

All of that is over my head for now.

I did perform a virus search with both bitDdefender and McAfee and also noticed that the memory thing isn't really an issue. The numbers fluctuate they are supposed to.

The click I here is different from the popup blocker clicks though. I know what those sound like.

I'll just turn off the speakers when not in use.

Thanks for sending me over to that other thread. There are some real experts here.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:03 pm
iexplore is Windows' own browser; it is an operating system-critical component integral to Windows; in over-simple terms, effectively, it IS Windows - without it, you more or less can't see or do much of anything under Windows.

bdmcon.exe is BitDefender's executable; if BitDefender is running, it will be present.

Now, onto addressing whatever is going on with your machine - have you rebooted, and if so does the problem persist?
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 08:31 pm
timber, i think you confused iexplore with explorer. iexplore is just that, internet explorer. *explorer* is the actual interface of windows...

anyway, you probably have some ad ware that keeps IE active so it can randomly pop up windows to show you ads.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 08:48 pm
Embarrassed You're right, hokie - my bad; iexplore.exe is just A browser, not critical to Windows (though its damned tricky to get rid of without crippling Windows Rolling Eyes )- that's explore.exe. I wasn't payin' enough attention there, thanks for catching that.
0 Replies