relinquishing parental rights

jjordi

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:43 pm
@t3ship,
I'm in the same situation. my ex hasnt seen my kids in 3 and a half yrs and he never trys to contact them. I only receive $7:50 child support a month and i dont feel keeping his last name is doing them any gd. my 6yr old daughter and 5yr old son call my partner daddy and we now hav a 7months old baby. and they are starting to ask why their last name isnt the same as ours. its heartbreaking. i was hoping to get a judge to relinquish his rights as i dont thinnk my ex's father will let him sign.
my ex's father has seen them twice in 3 n a half yrs and they never acknowlegde birthdays or christmas. its just not far on my kids especailly when my partner is a great father to them.
0 Replies

motherof2kidz

Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:21 pm
@t3ship,
I am sort of having the same problem with my sons father. It's now march and he last saw my son dec. 29. H e has yet to call since then either. Hopping from job to job and falling farther and farther behind in child support. I want him to sign over his rights and he claims he wont fight it, but when the time came he faught ( argued ).
0 Replies

motherof2kidz

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 04:43 pm
@Ticomaya,
I too am going through a familiar senerio. My sons father has been neglectful or the 3 almost 4 years myson has been on this earth. I am tired of him not visiting, not calling him, not paying support. When my son has been in the hospital and I call him he never shows. My son will call him crying to see him and he doesnt show. This man lives 20 minutes away from us and yet nothing. He has court ordered visitation and yet nothing. Whenever I call him to ask for socks, underware, coat,etc. still nothing. He argues that he loves him but doesnt show it. He misses all the holidays and birthdays. He will say that he will sign over his rights and ten when it comes down to it he refuses. I wanted to know if there was anything that I could do to get his rights revoked.
Ticomaya

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:54 pm
@motherof2kidz,
Assuming you are in the US, what state do you live in?
motherof2kidz

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 05:45 pm
@Ticomaya,
texas
Ticomaya

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 09:24 pm
@motherof2kidz,
Okay. There is a cite to the Texas code section on the prior page. You should check with a Texas attorney. In Arizona, you would be appointed counsel to represent you, but I can't speak for the circumstances in Texas.
MissyJ1

Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:49 am
@Ticomaya,
Need some help. My daughter just had her baby a month ago. The father is MIA and is now married. In November of last year, he was in a horrible accident that has left him partially paralyzed and on continuous dialysis until they can locate a kidney. He will be on disability for the rest of his life which means that any child support would be minimal. He has requested to relinquish his parental rights. We think it's a wonderful idea but the State of Texas is saying that we need to have an attorney draw up papers and then have them signed and presented to the Attorney General's Office who presents them to the court then they will close the case. We don't have $$ for a lawyer. Is there another way to do this??
0 Replies

mlm13170

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 10:27 am
@t3ship,
My ex husband never paid child support for his son, which is now 22. But the support was never the issue. It was that he had every opportunity to see his son, every weekend but never chose to do so. I would drop our son off at his fathers grandparents house every weekend, that way if he wanted to see his son he could go there, escpecially since his father worked for his grandfathers business. He would mostly walk by and say hi but that was it. Now my son hates his father and never sees him or talks to him. I think it would have been better if i had Bill give up his rights and let another man adopt him. I divorced his father in 89 and didnt remarry until 2002. My husband past away in 2006 and my Baby girl has to live without a dad/father. Let your ex sign over his rights and let the other man adopt your children. Let them have the dad that your children deserve. Your ex will have to live with the concequences that may accure.
0 Replies

1 concerned mom

Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:37 pm
Well I need advise here from Tennessee. I had the pleasure of foster parenting 4 young children and wanted to adopt them. I was not able to do so but was able to meet the mother who reliquished her rights at the insistence of child welfare. She did this in MArch of this year and regrets it. She was under the impression that the kids would adopted by another family and that family backed out after she signed them away. So now she wants to try and get them back. My husband and I are willing to help her because she wasn't able to care for them financially which is why she was going to let the other lady adopt. The other lady also did allow her contact with the children. So now she wants to try and get them back. The children are hurting terribly now. We have given the lady a job and are helping her get a home near us to care for the children. That was the only reason she was forced to give these kids up. Is it possible to petition the court for her to regain the her rights? Any laws anyone know about? Is it possible to petition the court for her to regain the her rights? Is that possible? Any laws anyone know about?
0 Replies

echomaren

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 03:59 pm
@t3ship,
Keep them and lay him off until he finds out how important they are
0 Replies