Carmelo Anthony is a little bitch

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:08 am
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXDDwwX1jWs

Yea, you're a real thug, douchebag. Punch the guy then run away down the court. Once everything is half settled, then start talking sh!t again. What a tough guy.

People piss me off.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,630 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 03:35 pm
Fair enough. But don't forget the flagrant foul that kicked things off!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 04:56 pm
Then Terrell Owens spitting in the other player's face. His face should be next to the word "Douche" in the dictionary.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 05:16 pm
In a vaguely related vein: I remember the years right after Michael Jordan retired, when Scottie Pippen led the Bulls in every statistical category--points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. For some reason he was still making less money than Toni Kukoc, though, which caused Pippen to look at his mere $3,000,000/year salary and complain that he was being "underpaid." In one sense, Pippen had a point; in another sense, grow up you whiny punk.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
Shapeless wrote:
In a vaguely related vein: I remember the years right after Michael Jordan retired, when Scottie Pippen led the Bulls in every statistical category--points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. For some reason he was still making less money than Toni Kukoc, though, which caused Pippen to look at his mere $3,000,000/year salary and complain that he was being "underpaid." In one sense, Pippen had a point; in another sense, grow up you whiny punk.

It's easy to say these guys are whining when they look for more money, but think of it: if you're Scottie Pippen, one of the best players in the NBA, and some stiff is making more, he has every right to look for proper compensation. It's obviously not about being able to put food on the table.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 06:52 pm
Certainly; that's what I meant when I said he had a point, from a certain perspective. He was clearly being undervalued and under-respected by the Bulls organization (in a world where respect is measured by $$$). But I can imagine how much, say, a kindergarten teacher must wince when he or she hears athletes complain about their salaries.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:24 am
I hear you, but on the flip side of that, school teachers aren't selling tickets and concessions to anything...athletes bring in an insane amount of revenue, and are just getting a piece of the pie. Teachers are paid off of city budgets, which are always short.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:29 am
About the Kukoc/Pippen thing...

I remember watching a game -- I think it was a late-season game, might have had implications for the Jordan-less Bulls... Bulls have the ball with a couple of seconds left and a bucket will win the game. Jackson draws up a play for Kukoc, Pippen refuses to enter the game. The team takes the floor without Pippen, and Kukoc hits the game-winning shot.

Pippen was a great player, a great defender, but the polar opposite of a leader. That might have helped him playing alongside Jordan, who probably wouldn't have tolerated another leader on the court, but without MJ it was obvious that Pippen was nothing more than an immensely gifted role player and a whiny, bitchy prima donna.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:43 am
I remember that!

I remember being really, really pissed at Pippen during that era. Kukoc was a workhorse, Scottie was all "Do you know who I am????" I think part of it may have been that in stepping into the leadership role he was trying to emulate MJ who could certainly be mercurial, but Scottie emulated the wrong parts (or didn't have the absolute brilliance to pull it off).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:48 am
Yeah, you remember the migraines in the playoffs?

MJ: "flu-like symptoms" --> IV fluids --> drop 45 on a team.

SP: migraine headache --> on bench with head in towel.

Not to denigrate folks who get migraines, but come on... I've never heard of another athlete getting them...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:54 am
Yeah. There's some serious sibling-rivalry type psychology between Michael and Scottie, I think. Big brother/ little brother, "don't boss me around"/ "I'm lost without you bossing me around." He was really bereft all by himself out there, I think, and terrified.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:59 am
He was also such a reactive player -- a defender, a fast-break player, a slasher -- that he just couldn't lead a team, I think. He was a lot like Shawn Marion is now, in terms of his abilities. Fantastic player, but just not meant to be the center of the wheel. Which isn't a knock. Other guys (Allen Iverson comes to mind) just can't work unless they're in the middle of the action. Chris Webber comes to mind, too, which is why I knew he was doomed when he went to the Sixers. Not sure what Philly was thinking bringing him in. But, then, I'm usually not sure what Sixers management is thinking...
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 06:48 pm
patiodog wrote:
I remember watching a game -- I think it was a late-season game, might have had implications for the Jordan-less Bulls... Bulls have the ball with a couple of seconds left and a bucket will win the game. Jackson draws up a play for Kukoc, Pippen refuses to enter the game. The team takes the floor without Pippen, and Kukoc hits the game-winning shot.

I remember that game as well. If I'm not mistaken, it was a game against the Pacers, and Reggie Miller had just hit what he thought was the game-winning shot with less than a second left. In typical Reggie fashion, he bowed flamboyantly to the Chicago crowd. Of course Kukoc wiped the smile off his face.

Not long after that, the Bulls were in Indiana and beat them on the their own court. After the buzzer sounded, Scottie went to the middle of the floor and bowed to Pacers crowd. (Probably should have been Toni doing that, huh?)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
i remember that game like it was yesterday.

it was bulls vs. knicks, game 3 of the eastern conference semi's.
the recordshows the bulls one the game (but not the series) 104-102...
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:38 pm
Ah, yes, that's right. I conflated the Knicks game with the Pacers game, both from the 1994 season. There's a pithy summary of both games here.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:32 pm
Now there's a new bitch in pro sports, and that's LT from the San Diego Chargers.

Talking about the Pats having no class...that's funny, because I just saw a picture of him wearing a t-shirt that read "Raiders Suck."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 06:17 am
i'm sure some day he'll regret saying it.

i think the chargers have a game in foxboro next season.
that should be entertaining...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:34 am
I thought it was pretty funny watching the Pats players facing the fans and doing that stupid Merriman chest pounding. Matt Light owned that guy. People aren't bringing this up enough that our offensive line did an unreal job stopping him.

I was going to, and still may, start a thread making fun of the NFL. This is the only sport where players celebrate for minor plays. I can understand a big 3rd down stop or touchdown, but guys start flailing around after making a routine tackle or catch.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:56 am
Because the offensive coordinator drew up a great play,
and because the o-line played like monsters,
and because the other wide receivers drew off their men,
and because the qb tossed a gem of a pass,
a wide receiver makes a touchdown catch.

Why does this guy act like he just saved the day all by his lonesome?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:59 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I thought it was pretty funny watching the Pats players facing the fans and doing that stupid Merriman chest pounding. Matt Light owned that guy. People aren't bringing this up enough that our offensive line did an unreal job stopping him.

I was going to, and still may, start a thread making fun of the NFL. This is the only sport where players celebrate for minor plays. I can understand a big 3rd down stop or touchdown, but guys start flailing around after making a routine tackle or catch.

Too true. "Yeah! You're only getting five yards on that underneath route! Sucka!"

Must be the 'roids.

And all the indignation about making fun of Merriman, for f*ck sake. The dance is beyond retarded -- and disrespectful. Hat's off to anyone who makes fun of that jackass.
0 Replies