Children of Israel

cavfancier

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:43 pm
Set is hot on the Hair references today! I was thinkin' Charles, actually....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:01 pm
Yeah, but Claude was more fun
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:21 pm
True enough, but the all-purpose toast: "TO MY FRIENDS!!" still remains a classic, all-encompassing sorta thing.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 05:02 pm
Not that it really matters, but no one disagrees with my premise? Just with my reasons for writing it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:20 am
soul_doctor73 wrote:
Not that it really matters, but no one disagrees with my premise? Just with my reasons for writing it?

In your dreams, Doc, in your dreams.

My first post dealt specifically with your premise.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:54 am
Gotta say, soul_doc, it appears your premise is receiving precisely the depth and weight of intellectual consideration and critical appraisal it merits. Even as ye sow, so shall ye reap, so to speak. Piling poppycock atop poppycock results only in a larger pile of poppycock, and encourages others to add their own to the collection. If you have dogs and a lawn you gotta watch out for that, otherwise you get brown spots all over the grass.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:41 am
Gotta ask, mr moderator, how did you determine the 'merit' of my posts? Is there is 'good merit, bad merit' guide somewhere that I don't have access to and you do?

I hear you on the poppycock bit, but remember I only just arrived here. Whatever brownspots that happen to b4 all over the grass were already here.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 10:19 am
Hey, no argument re brownspots, soul_doc ... we got 'em aplenty. Oh, and welcome. In view of your having just arrived, I'd like to mention to you that timber is just a member ... and a rather contentious one at that. Timber does not speak for MODERATROR, MODERATOR, when speaking at all, does so quite clearly identified as MODERATOR.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:36 pm
Ok, got the moderator part, but you didn't answer the question on merit.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:55 pm
fair enough ... in answer to your querry, I have and voice opinions ... some share 'em, some contest 'em. Either way, I'm always willing to discuss opinions, mine or somebody else's.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:14 am
Doc

you wrote:

Quote:

I responded:

Quote:

My first post quoted a significant part of your premise...specifically:

Quote:
...Understanding that the bible, although certainly the word of God...

...and asked:

Quote:
Since you know so much, perhaps you will share how you know this to be the case?

Since you are protesting that nobody is dealing with your premise -- perhaps you can explain why you have not responded to either of my questions.

Maybe if you took people up on their objections and rebuttals, you would feel so paranoid that people are ignoring you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:22 am
Re: Children of Israel
Frank Apisa wrote:
soul_doctor73 wrote:

Since you know so much, perhaps you will share how you know this to be the case?

I'd like to know the answer to that one myself.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:26 am
au1929 wrote:
Hey guys the man is trying to save your souls. Man is he in the wrong place.

That's right! Our souls are just fine, so we don't need any soul saving :-D
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:27 am
Montana wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Hey guys the man is trying to save your souls. Man is he in the wrong place.

That's right! Our souls are just fine, so we don't need any soul saving :-D

Of course, that assumes we have souls to save, something that hasn't been demonstrated. In fact, not much in this whole 'debate' has been demonstrated, simply claimed without evidence.

Anyone surprised?
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:00 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Doc

you wrote:

Quote:

I responded:

Quote:

My first post quoted a significant part of your premise...specifically:

Quote:

...and asked:

Quote:

Since you are protesting that nobody is dealing with your premise -- perhaps you can explain why you have not responded to either of my questions.

Maybe if you took people up on their objections and rebuttals, you would feel so paranoid that people are ignoring you.

It has been a process of learning and growth since I wrote this. The NT is *not* the word of Elohim' or 'God' but the Torah, as 'Elohim' is defined, is.
As it came to man directly from the mouth of the Elohim of Israel. 'Elohim' as used in the bible is misleading. 'God', as we understand it, is not 'GOD' as the Elohim understand IT. Just think 'history', Annuniki, Sumeria.

When I wrote this, I still 'believed' the bible bit. Now, I *know* better.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:01 am
As for the saving of souls, the intent was info. Not conversion. What would I convert you to? Anyone have a 'right' answer?

Smile lol
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:04 am
soul_doctor73 wrote:
As for the saving of souls, the intent was info. Not conversion. What would I convert you to? Anyone have a 'right' answer?

Smile lol

You just boosted yourself way up, in my estimation.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:06 am
soul_doctor73 wrote:
It has been a process of learning and growth since I wrote this. The NT is *not* the word of Elohim' or 'God' but the Torah, as 'Elohim' is defined, is.

Okay, I'll play your game.

How do you KNOW the Old Testament is the word of God?

Quote:
As it came to man directly from the mouth of the Elohim of Israel. 'Elohim' as used in the bible is misleading. 'God', as we understand it, is not 'GOD' as the Elohim understand IT. Just think 'history', Annuniki, Sumeria.

Try this in English. I'll be glad to respond as sure as I know what you are saying.

Quote:
When I wrote this, I still 'believed' the bible bit. Now, I *know* better.

Respectfully as possible, Doc, you still have a ways to go.

But if you continue this discussion with this group -- you may make it sooner than you thing.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:11 am
They way it is explained by the clergy, the Bible was written by secretaries taking down dictation from God. You'd think he would have already had a word processor if he invented the Universe.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:12 am
It is english. Literal history actually. If you are unfamiliar with it, how I *know* the OT is the word of Elohim will make no sense to you either.

Now if you took the time to research 'Elohim', you'd see where I was coming from. I am not going to sit here and attempt to 'educate' you when you distrust me in the first place. So don't even ask.

Respectfully, of course. Oh, now if you had read my 'Something of a Revelation' It covers all this in part two. Elohim, Annunaki, Israel, some other stuff. But you didn't read it. Which is why you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. Which as been the case from the beginning.

You didn't read.
0 Replies