A quick question

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 04:20 am
I'd like to post some of my work here but I'm concerned about copyright and the rights to the work once it is posted.
Do I retain all rights to my work including reproduction rights if I post it here ?

D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 961 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 07:23 am
Check out the TOS, especially II B-D:

Quote:
B. The service and its content are protected by copyright pursuant to American and international copyright laws. The content is owned or controlled by Able2know or the party which created the content. You are the copyright holder of all content created by you and posted on the service. You agree not to modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit the service (including software) or any content not authored by you except as explicitly provided in Section II.C. of this Agreement. Some content in the service may contain additional copyright notices or restrictions and you agree to abide by them.
C. You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of the Able2know Rights and Permissions Department, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the content. You may create or add to a topic and forward topics to other Able2know members subject to the rules in Section III of this Agreement.
D. You agree that any content created by you (with the exception of content posted to the Original Art and Original Writing forum) and published on the Service may be copied, edited, removed, reused, modified, published, transmitted and displayed in all media by Able2know, the service's Affiliate Partners and their successors, assigns and licensees, and you hereby grant to those entities the right to do so. In addition, you waive any moral rights you may have in with respect to the content being altered or attributed in a manner not agreeable to you.

http://www.able2know.com/disclaimer.php
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 04:01 am
Thanks Sozobe.
It sounds a bit restrictive to me and I've had copyright problems before.
Sorry dudes :wink: you won't be able to laugh at my prose. Razz
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 04:25 am
Your stuff's not any good unless someone tries to steal it.

Look around at some of the posts here.

Joe
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 09:33 am
Heliotrope,

Let me know what is too restrictive about the disclaimer and I'll alter it. Most sites (including hosts like geocities who have the right to do use ANY content you upload) have a more restrictive system.

What I had intended with this site is that we are granted the rights to display the posts on our network of sites, we don't intend to take your copyright or anything.

Let me know how the disclaimer needs to be altered and I'll consider changing it. I thought it was pretty clear that anything posted to the Original Art and Original Writing forums did not alter any copyright.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 04:13 pm
No worries, I'm just off to bed at the moment but I'll get back to you soon.
Thanks Craven, I appreciate it.

D
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:12 pm
No problem. This site is currently run at a loss, it's not a cash cow or anything. There is no need or desire to take anyone's art or poetry. I'd like that to be reflected more clearly in the disclaimer as that was the original intent.
0 Replies