Platform for OpenSource business solutions

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:35 am
Hi everyone!

I recently (last night, in a dream) came up with an idea:

Creating a website on which volunteer, "opensource-minded" people can propose solutions to any business, invent and discuss new economic models and strategies etc.

Many would argue that this is a very unprofitable way of wasting time (since many people in the world are actually paid for consulting businesses and other administrative elements), but I think this kind of initiative may raise the awareness especially of young people (teenagers, university students) and motivate them to think actively about the world.

What do you think of this? Do similar projects already exist?

Now, my main question is actually: how can I do this?
My last experience with webdesign was based on high graphic design and CSS, and I was out of the technology world during the Web 2.0 boom (blogs, podcasts, wikis, community-platforms, etc.).

Since I expect that the project community will be small, I don't want to create a largescale forum like this one. It might appear empty...
Wouldn't something like a blog be better, on which the different authors can write their articles or business models/solutions, which can be commented by the others?

Which platform do you think is best for this kind of project? I have heard of so many platforms but have no clue where to start... phpBB portal, mediawiki, livejournal, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 05:19 am
Interesting idea. No time to really comment yet, it kinda depends on how you want the info organized. Wikis can become chaotic if no one takes charge of them. Phpbb can also get somewhat chaotic but you can build in the structure at the beginning. Dunno re livejournal.

Anyway, just wanted to bump your idea.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:25 am
The wiki platform is best suited for the collaborative work on single texts. It's not that great for discussions.

That is a problem for a mashup to solve best (and I'm making one) but I'd go with wiki based on what you say for now.
0 Replies