A2K versus 'Real-life' Personality

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:10 pm
Caribou, you seem readable here to me as yourself. Whether or not we agree or disagree on anything now or in the future, you seem clear and engaged.
Have fun...
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:46 pm
ossobuco, thank you... I think
I know have enjoyed your voice in these threads, whether I agree or not.

There's alot of people I enjoy reading. That's why I keep coming back.
Thank you guys, and Happy New Year!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:42 pm
patiodog wrote:
How could anyone possibly object to a rabbit testing the ripeness of an apricot?

I mumble and sometimes yell profanity in 3D and am generally less intelligible. I have a small handful of friends who all think there's something wrong with me. The wife agrees.

I come on here to act normal.

You need further acting lessons.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 12:20 am
cyphercat wrote:
2PacksAday wrote:
In all honesty!

There is a movie called Secret Window, Johnny Depp played the main character....in real life I am him.

...my ratty housecoat is nicer than his though.

Wait, are you the Turturro side or the regular Johnny side? You scare me if you wear that hat, but the housecoat was still pretty cute.

Johnny. I also keep my slinky well oiled.

But now that you mention it, I am southern, and do tend to wear large hats...not like the one in the movie though...but now you have me wondering.

I've only seen the movie once...after watching it, my wife walked over to me and said....are you ok, because I'm not, that was really, really freaky...and we agreed to never speak of the movie again. But for fun I use stills from the movie on my desktop...there is a pic of Johnny with the slinky, housecoat and screwy hair...that's me. {note, this is Johnny "Pretty Boy" Depp were talking about here...so let me rephrase...the character he played, is me.}

My daughter watched the movie several months later, and she got a huge kick out of it...I don't remember how many times she came into the front room to tell me that the guy in the movie was just like me. She seriously asked if I personally knew the guy that wrote the story.

I explained to her that some writers tend to share similar quirks, and the writer of the story {Mr King, and then a screenwriter} simply exaggerated those quirks to create a unique character...unplugging phones...sleeping on the couch in a comatose state for 12 hrs....wearing worn out bathrobes...playing with slinkys while thinking up a plot device or just searching for the perfect word....arguing with a pack of cigarettes...not combing the hair...etc, and it was all just a slightly unnerving coincidence.

She didn't buy it, and to this day she swears that I know Stephen King.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 01:34 am
You're creeping me out! Laughing As long as it's just the goofy, a little-bit-out-of-it writer stuff we're talking about, I'm okay, but if I start picking up on any Shooter tendencies, I'm leaving...

I watched parts of it again a few weeks ago, and I had to keep changing the channel when it got to be too much. Smile Do you have a corn patch in the back yard, by chance?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 01:59 am
Nope, no corn patch...and just plain ol' goofy/quirky.

It's not like I'm 100% like the character either....I don't wear glasses....and uh...hmm...I don't wear glasses.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 03:41 pm
caribou wrote:
caribou wrote:
http://www.yahbon.com/albums/userpics/10003/thumb_easter-bunny-sadique.jpg

bunny!

I have been jacked up by another member who thought me posting this photo was offensive.

I now apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Caribou, that was me and if you knew me I love the animals. You are right in that it is over. I am sorry if you felt "jacked up".
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:41 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I'm smiling right now, remembering you guys popping in for dinner. That was beyond cool. Very Happy

Ah, I just saw this. So glad we made you smile!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 04:41 am
dyslexia wrote:
I'm a nice person in real life.

I can vouch for that. The beard's soft, too.

I'd like to be different here but actually I find the real me always comes through, most frustrating! But what is nice on A2K is that all the people I've met in person are pretty well the same as they appear. What you see is what you get.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:48:26