A2K versus 'Real-life' Personality

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:43 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when you spend as much time as I do locked in a small storage closet with only a computer you become very proficient with photoshop. Squinney lets me out occasionally.

To take out the rubbish?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:45 am
http://www.yahbon.com/albums/userpics/10003/thumb_easter-bunny-sadique.jpg

bunny!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:02 am
caribou wrote:

bunny!

Don't be ridiculous, Dog, that is no Bunny, but some idiot dressed up as an albino squirrel.

Pay attention!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:04 am
you make me laugh.

and there's alot of goog bunny pictures out there.

Sure does look like you....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:39 am
A little grayer, and I usually try to avoid the taboo issues I argue about here.
Also, I usually only wear cheese on Sunday (like when we're spanking Bear A$$ Cool ). That's probably about it. That's me to the left, and I'm not an anonymous poster either. Oh, and no way I'd still be in the flirting stage with Brooklyn IRL. :wink:

sozobe wrote:
So I have to do this thing where I smile when a joke seems to have been made and furrow my brow when something worrisome seems to have been said and cup my chin and nod thoughtfully when something profound seems to have been said, without participating because I don't yet have a grasp of what is actually being said.
You must be damn good at it, cause Sis tells me you are damn good at lip reading. Laughing Also know you're just as cool, cause she tells me your fella is quite a guy!

Thomas wrote:
So far, once I met A2K people face to face, none of them expressed a whole lot of surprise after meeting me. My offline personality seems pretty similar to my online one. The major difference appears to be that in real life arguments, I tend to say some fairly blunt things, but at the same time have this sheepish smile on my face saying "By the way, I don't mean this in an aggressive way". Online, I just say some very blunt things, and only my monitor witnesses the sheepish smile that goes with it. That probably makes me come across as more confrontative online than I am in real life. But apart from such minor things, online me seems to be quite similar to real life me.
That was definitely my take. Smile

after meeting Thomas OCCOM BILL wrote:
Thomas was the genius I thought he'd be. An easy going persona with a wit I suspect he keeps in check, in person, so as not to totally intimidate everyone around him. But you can still see the smile in his eyes when he knows someone's saying something that doesn't add up (actually; that smile's seemingly always there).
I'm smiling right now, remembering you guys popping in for dinner. That was beyond cool. Very Happy
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:10 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Also, I usually only wear cheese on Sunday (like when we're spanking Bear A$$ Cool ).

It was painful for me to see last night's Bears-Packers game (on TV). I still can't get over it. I am even oblivious about today being January 1.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:08 am
In rl, I have a aecretary who corrects my spelling erors.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:04 am
:-) Bill. I don't ALWAYS fake the lipreading, at all -- one-on-one situations are usually pretty manageable. And at the co-op I knew everyone and had pretty much figured out each individual speech style. But at a dinner with a bunch of strangers -- that's the kind of situation that's nearly impossible.

I won't argue about E.G. being a cool guy, though! :-) (Both your sis and her hubby are in that category too and of course you know what I think about turbo frog. Though I still think of him as a sweet little toddler!)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:46 am
dlowan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when you spend as much time as I do locked in a small storage closet with only a computer you become very proficient with photoshop. Squinney lets me out occasionally.

To take out the rubbish?

to spit polish her jack boots..
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:44 pm
wandeljw wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Also, I usually only wear cheese on Sunday (like when we're spanking Bear A$$ Cool ).

It was painful for me to see last night's Bears-Packers game (on TV). I still can't get over it. I am even oblivious about today being January 1.
Sad Actually, me too. The A$$ kicking part was certainly a good time... but I nearly succumbed to tears myself when Brett did after the game. HE BETTER NOT QUIT!

sozobe wrote:
Though I still think of him as a sweet little toddler!)

Smile That sweet little toddler now stands 6'2", will be driving in a few months (Shocked), and is well on his way to becoming valedictorian in a class of 600+! (Uncle pride runeth over :wink:)
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:35 pm
caribou wrote:

bunny!

I have been jacked up by another member who thought me posting this photo was offensive.

I now apologize to anyone I may have offended.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:52 pm
Both JoefromChicago and Thomas surprised me with their witty ripostes in real life - not that they are never funny here but were more so than I expected. Blatham is also funny in real life, but I wasn't surprised at how much so. Roger can be hilarious here, seems same in real life.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:56 pm
Caribou, I think you misread. Doesn't seem to me like anybody found it offensive.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:58 pm
I haven't been on here long enough to realize the differences between the way I am on here verus the way I am in "real" life.

In "real" life, I have to tendency to sit back and take it all in before jumping into a conversation. I think that holds true to my on-line personality. Excepting, of course, the thread on Pitbulls I found today.
I don't usually argue my opinion, but the subject of pitbull banning, or any pitbull bashing talk gets my dander up.
I just don't believe any breed specific legislation is good or fair.

Otherwise, I'm quiet.

Well, maybe my mocking is bad too, especailly if people don't know my sense of humor yet.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:53 pm
In all honesty!

There is a movie called Secret Window, Johnny Depp played the main character....in real life I am him.

...my ratty housecoat is nicer than his though.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:01 pm
caribou wrote:
caribou wrote:

bunny!

I have been jacked up by another member who thought me posting this photo was offensive.

I now apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Nevermind they tell me now it was a photo that I didn't post or mean to post. I think it's all gone and over with now.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:27 pm
How could anyone possibly object to a rabbit testing the ripeness of an apricot?

I mumble and sometimes yell profanity in 3D and am generally less intelligible. I have a small handful of friends who all think there's something wrong with me. The wife agrees.

I come on here to act normal.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:35 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
In all honesty!

There is a movie called Secret Window, Johnny Depp played the main character....in real life I am him.

...my ratty housecoat is nicer than his though.

Wait, are you the Turturro side or the regular Johnny side? You scare me if you wear that hat, but the housecoat was still pretty cute.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:37 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Squinney lets me out occasionally.

Oh, Bear, you were so close to finally being completely honest, and yet you can't admit that there is no Squinney? Sad.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:40 pm
a girl needs a few mysteries....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:22:18