God sets us straight.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:32 pm
Xingu

You are way too sharp for any of us to buy that "old man" stuff.

Although I gotta be honest. I misplaced my memory -- and I cannot for the life of me remember where.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:33 pm
xingu beer robs my memory! LOL Wink
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:49 pm
Thanks Frank but you give me way to much credit. I feel I know way too little and there's not enough time to grasp what I want to. I just keep pecking away.

Cicerone

Beer and red wine. When I retire I would like to learn how to make both. Don't know if either of you have but I visited a Kentucky Bourbon Brewery (Buffalo Trace Distillery) last spring and it was a great tour. I love that Buffalo Trace. Now that will knock you on you're a**.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:03 pm
I'm somewhat partial to vodka. When we visited Russia a few years ago, there's a vodka museum at one of the places where we stopped during our tour. They served three kinds of vodka with caviar, all for two bucks. When I visited Scotland, we stopped at a small brewery, and they served us a sample. That was some damn good scotch. Wink
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:10 pm
This Distillery I visited brewed their own vodka. It's called Rain and is a very good sipping vodka.

http://www.buffalotrace.com/distillery_awards_m.html

Interesting you mentioned Russia. My grandparents came from Minsk in 1912, or thereabouts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:51 pm
xingu, Haven't bought spirits for home use in many a year, because all of our friends don't drink the hard stuff any more. However, I have included buffalotrace as a Favorite on my computer. Thx, c.i.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:07 pm
Spiritual development?
Good spirits!
"if ... God were to decide to straighten out "

Okay, I guess it's not really a tangent.
Here's lookin at ya! Drunk :-D
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 09:25 am
Okay, Im suggesting an AA meeting for youse guys. Laughing At least they believe in an attainable God of each individual's understanding.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:18 am
xingu wrote:
God hates us for being evil? I don't think Charles II knew what he was talking about.

First off, not my god . . .

Either you don't understand English that well, or you are twisting the statement in order to support a rant you had in mind.

"The only things that God hates is that we be evil, and that we design mischief."

Note the inference of free will in the statement. Charles says that God hates the choice one makes to be evil, not the person making the choice.

Find someone else to underpin your rant, neither I, nor Charles, has said what you claim.
0 Replies