PowerPoint

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
How do I set up PowerPoint so that I can display pix sent to me? I had this facility on my old computer, but have long since since forgotten how I did it, so I need directions so that I can put it on my new machine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 533 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:53 pm
did you ever get your checkbook running the way you wanted it to?

display pics, you mean like run the slideshow?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:36 pm
PowerPoint Problem
Not necessarily a slide show, but just to be able to see the pix. They won't show up without the PowerPoint viewer; I need to know how to instal that.

As for the checkbook thing, no the formula simply isn't working. And I tried it just randomly, for practice; sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I must be doing something funny without realizing it; well, of course, if I realized it, I wouldn't do it, right?

However, I am entering everything manually, just to be sure I have it. Once that's done, entering individual checks from time to time won't be a hassle, and I can turn my attention to trying to get the formula to work consistently. It's certainly a simple enough formula, direct and easy, so it must be me; I guess I am even simpler...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 03:40 pm
Quick questions: What is the format of the pictures you want to view (e.g., *.jpg)? What is your computer's operating system (e.g., Windows XP)?

I'm trying to understand why you need PP to view these pix.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:15 pm
PowerPoint Problem
My OS is EX Home.

The picture is OLD BUDAPEST SYNAGOGUE.pps, and I get the following message when I try to open it:"Windows cannot open this file...To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

"What do you want to do?

"Use the Web service to find the appropriate program [or] Select the program from a list?"

Nothing on any list that I have relates to it, and when I check that Windows should search online, I get a Microsoft site about PowerPoint. I remember this vaguely from two or three years ago. I don't think there was any charge for downloading the viewer, but I certainly don't want a whole big PowerPoint program clogging up my computer.

And the reason I need the viewer is that the sender used the .pps format. She has always done that when using other computers, and now she has her own machine, a friend sends pix to her using .pps, so when she forwards them that's how they come.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:15 pm
PowerPoint Problem
Sorry, my finger slipped. OS is XP Home.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:20 pm
Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer[/i][/b]
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:27 pm
PowerPoint Problem
Thanks ever so much, Timber. It turned out to be a whole slide show of the most incredibly beautiful and ornate building. All gold, and dark wood, carvings and stained glass.

Personally, I find it rather overwhelming, all that decoration; I'm not sure I could keep my mind on my prayers, but the workmanship is fantastic!

Again, I'm awfully grateful. I've never been to Budapest, but my husband is Hungarian, & he thinks he may have seen the temple when he was little. Unfortunately, he has lost his sight and can't see the pictures, but I have told him about them.
0 Replies