Roberta's pies and pumas

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 02:42 pm
'boita,

wanna give my instructions a whirl?

right-click the image select [b]Save Picture As...[/b] save picture somewhere on your harddrive (ie. your desktop) go to [URL=http://www.able2know.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile][u][i][b]your profile[/b][/i][/u][/URL] scroll down to the [b]Avatar control panel[/b] click the [b]Browse...[/b] button on the [b]Upload Avatar from your machine:[/b] line locate the picture you downloaded to your harddrive click the [b]Submit[/b] button

Arrow when you Save Picture As, it will tell you what type of file it is (JPG, GIF, or PNG).

for example, when i right-click on my avatar, it tells me the file name is
84693088644555ac64e213.gif
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
If Roberta is using AOL and hasn't changed the default that compresses graphics, the file extension for her photo will end up being a bmp file. The A2K software doesn't accept that file type. That may be the problem and someone will need to convert the file type for you.

Roberta, also check the file name for errors. In the half-dozen website addresses you listed earlier, a comma had been entered instead of a period before the file extension. That could also be the same problem here with a valid file name. Just be sure there are periods, not commas.

In case you don't know, a file extension is everything after the period, such as .com, .jpg, .txt, .doc, .gif and tells the software in which of the various formats the file has been stored. Some software formats label a .jpg file with an extra 'e' as in .jpeg. The A2K software doesn't recognize that either. If that is the case, delete the 'e,' save the file again and then repeat the upload procedure.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:06 pm
I think butrflynet may have found the problem. I have aol, and I haven't changed any default. Didn't know I had one.

As for the commas in the file name, my stupid mistake in typing. I do know that much--but not much more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:11 pm
Da fault is in DeFault...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:16 pm
I did what Region said. The file had jpg_tn as part of the name, which I assume is what it should be.

I also deleted the tiger. I thought it might work if an avatar wasn't there already. I don't mind. I was not happy with the tiger.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:23 pm
it should end in .jpg

and nothing else after that.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:27 pm
The file that I picked up from the screen had that at the end. Don't know why. There's nothing I can do about that.

I also tried with one of the photos that L.E. sent me. No letters at all on those.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:30 pm
Roberta, that's a correct file name if you're using one of the photos I posted for you.

For example, here's one of them:

cheetah_face3.jpg_tn.jpg

The last three letters after the last period desinates the file type.

The A2K software may be getting confused with the complexity of the multi-perioded name for the thumbnail sized image.

If you don't know how to rename the file by deleting the .jpg_tn portion, let me know and I'll post a revised file for you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:30 pm
I tried again with one of L.E.'s images. Got the following message:

The avatar image file size must be less than 6 KB
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:33 pm
Roberta, which one of the photos are you wanting to use? Paste the file name here. I'll revise the name and repost it for you to download. That should work.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:37 pm
It's the fourth one from the top. File name:

cheetah09.jpg_tn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:46 pm
I believe I see the problem - cut-and-paste this:

http://butrfly.net/Albums/MiscellaneousGoodies/images/cheetah09.jpg_tn.jpg

exactly as it appears above into "Upload Avatar from a URL:" and click "Submit"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:54 pm
I tried that (heh, I can do such things). The software's saying the file is too big.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:56 pm
Yes, Jes. That's the message I just got.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:59 pm
Roberta,

I just changed my avatar to the one you want. Use that file. It is the same one posted earlier except that it hasn't been converted to a thumbnail by my photo album software and posted to my website.

Don't worry, I'll change mine once yours is in place. :wink:
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:17 pm
Butrfly, Foist, I gotta say that I love that avatar! Second, which file name. I tried the one Timber gave me. It's still to big. I tried the one I picked up from the photo you posted. Still get the jpg message.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:24 pm
Roberta wrote:
I tried the one Timber gave me. It's still to big.

Prolly my bad - never thought to check the size. Try this URL

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/1714636915457615782ba1c.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:24 pm
Try this:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/1714636915457615782ba1c.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:25 pm
jinx onetwothreeforfivesix you owe me a coke!

:-P
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:26 pm
Laughing You got it - regular, vanilla, or cherry?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 04:42:34