Roberta's pies and pumas

Roberta

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 08:41 pm
Is anybody around? I'm feeling a bit naked without an avatar.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,694 • Replies: 101
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 09:01 pm
Roberta - have you sent a note to the Help Desk, as suggested by Jes in the post just above your first one on this page?

I had a similar problem about a month ago, as did a couple of other posters.

Help comes through clicking on Help at the bottom right of the page.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 09:25 pm
Thanks, ehBeth. Will do.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:53 am
Is there any news on this problem being fixed yet?

jespah or anyone?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 07:27 am
there is another way to load an avatar from the gallery.

windows users:
    right-click the image select [b]Save Picture As...[/b] save picture somewhere on your harddrive (ie. your desktop) go to [URL=http://www.able2know.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile][u][i][b]your profile[/b][/i][/u][/URL] scroll down to the [b]Avatar control panel[/b] click the [b]Browse...[/b] button on the [b]Upload Avatar from your machine:[/b] line locate the picture you downloaded to your harddrive click the [b]Submit[/b] button
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 07:40 am
I submitted a help ticket and got a response earlier this morning. I answered the questions that I was asked.

If I don't hear later, I'll try Region's suggestion. I'm so bad with such things that it would be better if the help desk can help me, and they said they might be able to.

Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 07:59 am
what was the response, because I submitted a ticket and never got an answer.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:08 am
They asked me two questions about my computer and said that they might me able to insert the avatar for me.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:16 am
Roberta, it may be that your image was the wrong format?

Do you have an image storage facility, like photobucket?

If so, you could always deposit it there, then use the "photobucket" URL to post it here on this thread.
I could then take it, change it to the same format as mine (which seems to work every time) and post it back here again.

If you then save your avatar that I have posted to your PC, you should then be able to use that one on your profile.

It would take about two minutes or so, all in all. (only if you want to, of course)

Worth a try?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:19 am
Do me one!

Do me one!

Please...

x
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:21 am
Well....all you need to do is send something, Sarah. No prob.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:22 am
Lord Ellpus, When you talk to me about computer stuff, you have to assume that you're talking to an idiot. I have no idea what a storagebucket is. I'm reluctant to try your idea as I was to try Region's only because I tried picking an avatar from another site. I stored it and couldn't find it for a very long time. When I finally stumbled upon it, it was not usable at my end, never mind here.

This is why I'd like to wait to see if the help ticket people can help me. If they can't, I'll give your suggestion a try--with some trepidation.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:26 am
When you save it, roberta, save it to your desktop, that's the easiest way to find it if you are a novice user...

x
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:30 am
Roberta wrote:
Lord Ellpus, When you talk to me about computer stuff, you have to assume that you're talking to an idiot. I have no idea what a storagebucket is. I'm reluctant to try your idea as I was to try Region's only because I tried picking an avatar from another site. I stored it and couldn't find it for a very long time. When I finally stumbled upon it, it was not usable at my end, never mind here.

This is why I'd like to wait to see if the help ticket people can help me. If they can't, I'll give your suggestion a try--with some trepidation.

Ha!
I was just like you, not so long ago. I just about knew how to plug the bloody machine into the wall!

If you have a particular image in mind for your avatar, that you've seen on the net, you could always direct me to that link, and I'll have a go at doing the rest........then, if and when I can get it all to fit the correct A2K criteria, I will post it here and try to talk you through what to do next.

Deal?

Lord(semi idiot) Ellpus.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 08:48 am
Oh, I have to plug the damned thing into the wall! No wonder I've been having so many problems.

I'll be back later to give this a try. I saw a few avatars I liked more than the one I picked out here, but I had no idea how to make them fit.

You're very kind to do this for me. Strange, but not having an avatar makes me feel kinda nekkid.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 10:55 am
We don't mind your being nekkid at all, Roberta. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:35 am
'boita, if you can post to this thread the image you wish to use, or the URL of the web page its on and a description of the image so I can find it, I'll watch this conversation, see what I can do to make your choice usable as an avatar and post the result so you can use the "Upload Avatar from a URL:" option.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 02:17 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Ha!
I was just like you, not so long ago. I just about knew how to plug the bloody machine into the wall!

If you have a particular image in mind for your avatar, that you've seen on the net, you could always direct me to that link, and I'll have a go at doing the rest........then, if and when I can get it all to fit the correct A2K criteria, I will post it here and try to talk you through what to do next.

Deal?

Lord(semi idiot) Ellpus.

Oh! Can you tell me how to do the resizing stuff too Ellpus?

I have tried, and I kept making the picture I wanted to use BIGGER by chopping bits off it!!!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 02:21 pm
I had a girlfriend that wanted to do that to me, once.

I've just got a very basic photo processing programme, and click the "adjust" icon, and one of the options is "resize". Click that and two little boxes appear, in which I type my desired dimensions.

Easy peasy......

Send it me, Deb (if it's decent - I find that smut isn't good for the ticker) and I'll PM it back to you in varying sizes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 02:33 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I had a girlfriend that wanted to do that to me, once.

I've just got a very basic photo processing programme, and click the "adjust" icon, and one of the options is "resize". Click that and two little boxes appear, in which I type my desired dimensions.

Easy peasy......

Send it me, Deb (if it's decent - I find that smut isn't good for the ticker) and I'll PM it back to you in varying sizes.

Can I send in a pm?

I don't have your email.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Roberta's pies and pumas
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:32:24