Anyone with Triathalon experience??

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:01 am
Hi,
I just ran my first ever event and I'd like to continue having goals set in place to continue with my working out to make sure I don't slack off. Participating in events may become addicting I'm afraid.
I ran a half marathon in 2hrs50min. Not great but a start. So now I'm interested in olympic/mini triathalons.
Anyone with advice on how to get started? I grew up practically at the pool everyday so I have a lot of swimming experience but that was years ago. I know I need to get back in the pool and get myself a good bike.
Thanks all for any input
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 10
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:56 am
I've never done the thing, but I do know how to spell 'triathlon'.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:01 am
Thank you, I'll put that in my memory bank for next time. In my own defense, did you notice what time I wrote that?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:21 am
I ran a full marathon once in about 4 hours. I've also done long swims and long bike rides. But combining everything would be a real bitch!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:42 pm
martybarker wrote:
Thank you, I'll put that in my memory bank for next time. In my own defense, did you notice what time I wrote that?

It says "08:01" (ie 8:01 AM). (I'm on GMT here.) It's 8:43 PM Friday Dec 1st right now.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:46 pm
contrex wrote:
martybarker wrote:

It says "08:01" (ie 8:01 AM). (I'm on GMT here.) It's 8:43 PM right now.

Oh, I was having trouble sleeping, it was 1 am here.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
NickFun wrote:
I ran a full marathon once in about 4 hours. I've also done long swims and long bike rides. But combining everything would be a real bitch!

Why only once? I admire the fact that you did that, I can't even see myself doing a full.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:41 pm
You ARE a gutton for punishment, aren't you?

I've never done a triathon (I couldn't find one with a "dog-paddle" stage).
I wish you luck!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:15 pm
martybarker wrote:
NickFun wrote:

Why only once? I admire the fact that you did that, I can't even see myself doing a full.

I still love to run but I prefer shorter distances. Also, I prefer tennis. hiking and other things. I just did the one so I could say "I did that".
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:55 pm
I think I'll start with the Danskin Tri which takes place in July. It's all women. I just need to get up the courage to get into a bathing suit at the YMCA and start cross-training more.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:50 pm
did it once.
thought I'll die Smile

actually, I hate running - I can ride a bike for a day, and swim for a day, no problem. but I really hate running.
0 Replies