Alternative theories - If not evolution....

Eorl

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:46 am
This is where you present the evidence.

(I've put this in S & R because there are no other scientific theories.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,199 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:08 am
I will now prove that the Giant Spegetti Monster made us, but not by creation but instead by the absence of destruction. You see, if you really understnad science and sciencers from the science community as I do, you will learn that the simple fact that you cannot prove the giant spegetti monster does not exist, and therefore we must defalt that it does in fact exist and further that it is negligent for destroying all of the universe minus our solar system and some glowing burnnig gas spheres.

We must all praise the Spegetti monster for it's great mercy, great mercy that is simply evident by our existance. Thank you spegetti monster for letting us live unlike all universe.

Thank you for buying us Brains which I know are expensive to make because of the cost. I bet it wasn't even hard for you to do all of this being that you afforded to give us all organs.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:11 am
switching theroies again....

THANK YOIU GREAT COMPUTER which houses our thoughts. We have no bodies, the unverse has no matter.

My proof? Everything tastes like chicken!

Were in the matrix!

Prove I'm wrong!
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:36 am
there is a planet shaped like a penis on one edge of the universe and a planet shaped like a vagina on the opposite edge of the universe. on these planets, little elves are playing on the sims and are contolling our every action. prove i'm wrong.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:21 am
rockpie wrote:
there is a planet shaped like a penis on one edge of the universe and a planet shaped like a vagina on the opposite edge of the universe. on these planets, little elves are playing on the sims and are contolling our every action. prove i'm wrong.

I'm declaring a winner right now! LOL.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm
Re: Alternative theories - If not evolution....
Eorl wrote:

I believe the evidence will show that evolution and religion can (and should) coexist!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:07 am
Right......

So no theories out there..........

Figures. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:58 am
"As people have certainly been influenced by me, I want to try and correct the enormous damage I may have done." (Anthony Flew)

The newspapers these days are echoing with these regret-filled words by Anthony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper published in 1950. In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture halls and articles. In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

The decisive factor in this radical change of view is the clear and definitive evidence revealed by science on the subject of creation. Flew realised, in the face of the information-based complexity of life, that the true origin of life is intelligent design and that the atheism he had espoused for 66 years was a discredited philosophy.

Flew announced the scientific reasons underlying this change in belief in these terms:

"Biologists' investigation of DNA has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce [life], that intelligence must have been involved." (1)

"It has become inordinately difficult even to begin to think about constructing a naturalistic theory of the evolution of that first reproducing organism." (2)

"I have been persuaded that it is simply out of the question that the first living matter evolved out of dead matter and then developed into an extraordinarily complicated creature." (3)

The DNA research which Flew cites as a fundamental reason for his change of opinion has indeed revealed striking facts about creation. The helix shape of the DNA molecule, its possession of the genetic code, the nucleotide strings that refute blind chance, the storage of encyclopaedic quantities of information and many other striking findings have revealed that the structure and functions of this molecule were arranged for life with a special design. Comments by scientists concerned with DNA research bear witness to this fact.

Francis Crick, for instance, one of the scientists who revealed the helix shape of DNA admitted in the face of the findings regarding DNA that the origin of life indicated a miracle:

An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going. (4)

Based on his calculations, Led Adleman of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles has stated that one gram of DNA can store as much information as a trillion compact discs. (5) Gene Myers, a scientist employed on the Human Genome Project, has said the following in the face of the miraculous arrangements he witnessed:

"What really astounds me is the architecture of life… The system is extremely complex. It's like it was designed… There's a huge intelligence there." (6)

The most striking fact about DNA is that the existence of the coded genetic information can definitely not be explained in terms of matter and energy or natural laws. Dr. Werner Gitt, a professor at the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology, has said this on the subject:

A code system is always the result of a mental process… It should be emphasized that matter as such is unable to generate any code. All experiences indicate that a thinking being voluntarily exercising his own free will, cognition, and creativity, is required… There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this. (7)

Creationist scientists and philosophers played a major role in Flew's acceptance of intelligent design, backed up by all these findings. In recent times Flew participated in debates with scientists and philosophers who were proponents of creation, and exchanged ideas with them. The final turning point in that process was a discussion organised by the Institute for Metascientific Research in Texas in May, 2003. Flew participated together with author Roy Abraham Varghese, Israeli physicist and molecular biologist Gerald Schroeder, and Roman Catholic philosopher John Haldane. Flew was impressed by the weight of the scientific evidence in favour of creation and by the convincing nature of his opponents' arguments, and abandoned atheism as an idea in the period following that discussion. In a letter he wrote for the August-September, 2003, edition of the British magazine Philosophy Now, he recommended Schroeder's book "The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth" and Varghese's book "The Wonderful World."(8) During an interview with the professor of philosophy and theology Gary R. Habermas, who also played a major role in his change of mind (9), and also on the video "Has Science Discovered God?," he openly stated that he believed in intelligent design.

Here, Eorl - someone who God guided after living an aetheist for his whole life.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:14 am
This Dr. Flew is very lucky. Creationists actually presented him evidence. Further, nothing that has been "proved" by this man "disproves" the above meantioned spegetti monster or gaint penis.

If anything, they may have at best revealed that contemporary scientists are further than they thought from fully understanding the development of life, which, I'm not sure how many geneticists would claim to know all the answers.

As said before, even if everything we know in the universe about evolution and the origin of the universe itself are proved to be incorrect, the truth does not automatically default to creationism.

Not understanding the universe does not give passport to declaring that the world/universe was designed.

If you look at the scientific community, you will certainly find there people who do not believe in evolution or the big bang. However, to assume that that population is large enough that the scientific community has not resolved to a direction for further information, you'd be a fool. The GENERAL popluation of the world may not yet be satisfied, but science if treated like a democracy, the vote should remain in the hands of the scientists at large investigating such matters.

How would they vote? You already know the answer.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:55 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Eorl wrote:

I believe the evidence will show that evolution and religion can (and should) coexist!

This will happen ss soon as Christians learn how to read their own Bibles. Their inability to comprehend the Bible has caused the problem which we now see.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 06:48 am
rockpie

What happens when the penis and the vagina meet? Ragnarok?
Life is fornication... .)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:51 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
Eorl wrote:

This will happen ss soon as Christians learn how to read their own Bibles. Their inability to comprehend the Bible has caused the problem which we now see.

Maybe that's because there are too many versions of it out there. How do they know which one to trust?

As for the big-bang, that did happen.

Do those who are disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not have faith? (Surat al-Anbiya': 30)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 12:40 am
Raul-7 wrote:

The newspapers these days are echoing with these regret-filled words by Anthony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15,
Here, Eorl - someone who God guided after living an aetheist for his whole life.

That's supposed to be impressive? One 81 year old philosopher who changed horses? No actual theory then?

Just one man who, at 81, suddenly sees the benefits of an afterlife? What kind of god waits until the guy is 81 anyway?

Gimme a break.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 01:38 am
So sad. I reckon that the fairies made us. They ruled the universe since the beggining of time, and made humans for fun. Earth actually belongs to an ultra rich fairy who made his money through fairy dust. He is living on a giant toadstool shaped space craft just outside of the solar system watching our every move. He planted all evidence for evolution and life before humans.

So sad. You can't prove I'm wrong. Such is the way of religion. You just take a look at all these un-disprovable stories posted here and realise how silly religion is.

400th post yay! Since it is a special occasion I shall use a smiley. Twisted Evil Nyaaa nyaaa nya nyaaa nyaaa I'm the devil and you can't prove that I'm not Laughing Omg lol lmao.
0 Replies