Vale The Glasshouse

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:44 am
Well, it's over. Final show was tonight. Can't help but think axing the show when it was getting it's best ratings was a political move by the Howard appointed lackeys on the ABC Board.

The Glasshouse filled a place on TV that political cartoonists fill in newspapers - the somehow seemed unconstrained by the editorial rules of their fellows.

Tonights highlights were:

Koci referring to John Howard as 'Bonsaii' (ie little Bush).

Religious wars are largely 'My imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend' and 'My God is the god of compassion, peace and love and if you say your God is the god of compassion, peace and love I'LL FLICKING KILL YOU!!!'

Arj Barker's confusion over Easter 'OK kids this is the time when the Lord Jesus sacrificed himself so that we might be forgiven, so go out there and find the chocolate eggs the giant rabbit left...'

Georgie Parker's 'I don't think this government is encouraging us to be as good as we can' and the general acceptance that promoting the fear of Islam was definitely Howard's new 'Tampa' coming up to the next Fed election.

It got a bit silly and self indulgent at the end, but that's one of it's charms.

Corrine actually had a tear in her eye.

Pinky Beecroft is a national treasure. As is Rhys.

Please add your thoughts and any classic quotes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 881 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:40 am
Re: Vale The Glasshouse
hingehead wrote:

Seeing as how I have never heard of this program (much less seen it), I can't say I have any thoughts to add into it. As for classic quotes, I'll be getting back to you. Somewhere around here there's a stack of Theodore Roosevelt quotes which I have been itching to post...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
Oh sturgis, do I have to add that the classic quotes should be from the show?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:17 am
Darn it! Now I'll never get to post those Roosevelt thoughts...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:18 am
Someone has actually addes some Glass House quotes to IMDB, from 2001:

Dave Hughes: Sometimes my thoughts don't happen good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akmal Saleh: People don't give a rats about rats. In fact, you can buy rat poison at the supermarket at nobody complains. But if you go down to the supermarket and ask for kitten poison, they give you the weirdest looks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhys Muldoon: I trust Amanda Vanstone. I trust, that if I left her alone in a room with a bucket of fried chicken, I trust that she'd eat the chicken. I then trust she'd launch a national enquiry into who ate the chicken!

Dave Hughes: [referring to the bunny ears he's putting on] Do the pink bits go at the front?
Corinne Grant: Yes, Dave. Like all things in life, the pink bits go at the front.

Liz Ellis: [referring to the 'trust' poll] I can't believe Jeanette Howard came in front of John. You see, as much as I don't trust John Howard, I would never trust anyone who'd sleep with John Howard!

Wil Anderson: *Ahem!* That's why I don't trust George Bush!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 04:02 am
I hvent seen it yet Hinge. You should have posted a "spoiler alert".

The rest of my famil saw it "live" and thought it was hilariouse and also very clever. they taped it for me so I will get to see it tomorrow (sunday sometime)

This show along with rockwiz and spics and specs ihas been a must see in our house.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:21 am
Re: Vale The Glasshouse
hingehead wrote:
Well, it's over. Final show was tonight. Can't help but think axing the show when it was getting it's best ratings was a political move by the Howard appointed lackeys on the ABC Board.

The Glasshouse filled a place on TV that political cartoonists fill in newspapers - the somehow seemed unconstrained by the editorial rules of their fellows.

Tonights highlights were:

Koci referring to John Howard as 'Bonsaii' (ie little Bush).

Religious wars are largely 'My imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend' and 'My God is the god of compassion, peace and love and if you say your God is the god of compassion, peace and love I'LL FLICKING KILL YOU!!!'

Arj Barker's confusion over Easter 'OK kids this is the time when the Lord Jesus sacrificed himself so that we might be forgiven, so go out there and find the chocolate eggs the giant rabbit left...'

Georgie Parker's 'I don't think this government is encouraging us to be as good as we can' and the general acceptance that promoting the fear of Islam was definitely Howard's new 'Tampa' coming up to the next Fed election.

It got a bit silly and self indulgent at the end, but that's one of it's charms.

Corrine actually had a tear in her eye.

Pinky Beecroft is a national treasure. As is Rhys.

Yep...it is a sad day for the ABC.

This is frank political censorship, and thir new poobah has given in to it.

I only hope a Labor government, whenever it is finally elected, (or even a conservative government with integrity) has the integrity to undo the appalling things Howard et al have done re the ABC.

It makes me want to cry.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:12 am
Ok I watched the replay post away you glsshouse fanatics.

Favorite Line,

Will Anderson; we'd like to say sorry to anyone we have offended........ but we're not. If we wernt offending people we wouldnt be doing our Job.

Its time For Howard and co to go.
0 Replies