I need help, urgent. (My comp. can be dead any moment)

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:10 am
I don't know how I am able to surf the net. Yesterday, I switched on the CPU (pressed the start button), and the CPU started but there was no display on the monitor. I tried again after some hours and got a yellow screen on the monitor?

Today, I tried again (and voila), it shows up! However, I get a message along the lines of : A fatal exception has occured....blah blah

I restarted it. Now, here am I, posting here on A2K. My comp can act up anytime. So, I'll hurry up.

Q1. Any idea what's wrong?
Q2. I am guessing it's a mother board problem. It happened earlier this year too. The same thing. And we had to get a new mother board. This time out, I think, it's not as serious, since you see I really am able to work on the comp. Well.....so what should I do?

This is making me desperate and sorry for any typos. I am in real hurry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 698 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:31 am
1st thing I'd look at would be video drivers. Also, if you have a hardware video card, make sure not only that its drivers are the latest for your setup, but that the card itself is properly seated.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:11 am
The inevitable and the dreaded happened. I am working from a cafe and will recount the whole story when my puter's repaired.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:13 am
That sounds like the dreaded blue screen of death frequently observed by Windows 98 and earlier users.

Usually means the Windows environment has become unstable. More often than not, reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows cures the problem like nothing else does.
0 Replies