The Terminator, back again! (And again?)

brando

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:35 pm
Hi! What do you guys know about T3: Rise of the Machines? It comes out July 2nd, and I'm anxious to see it...But I wasn't expecting a third one, honestly. I thought Terminator was pretty much done with after T2, but now I understand there will even be a 4th! Apparently, there's lots more story still to go...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,433 • Replies: 16
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 07:06 am
Hi Brando, welcome to a2k!

Too many clues in T2 showing that there would be a T3! And, boy, am I glad!!!

Check this out! T3 US Trailer T3 International Trailer
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 11:30 am
I don't know about Part 4 as Arnold has all but announced he will run for Governor of California. If he loses, he can always say, "I'll be back."

Yes, welcome to A2K and the Film Forum. Since this film is one of the big events of the summer, I'll make this a Featured Topic.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:35 pm
For so many reasons I hope he loses. I'd rather see him in T4.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 04:57 pm
Do machines age? Cos Arnie does....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 05:09 pm
I suspect Arnie has had a few nips and tucks on his face over the years and as far as his ambitions to be a politcian, he's got the credentials of being a one-dimensional actor like a certain President we once had.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:08 pm
I certainly was with the others long awaiting 3 but, had no idea about 4...thats interesting actually...and makes me wonder if I should just wait to see 3 rental since it'll just continue...nah...big T fan so, Ill prolly go eventually.
If anyone sees it, it'd be nice to get a short review.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 07:19 am
Goodness, I never saw a Terminator at the cinema - never occurred to me. I guess it makes sense, though....
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:19 am
Good one lightwizard. I'll be back.
0 Replies

brando

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:43 pm
Arnold, leaving the movies? He'll be back.... :-)
Thanks for the hearty welcome, everyone!

I'm a transplant to Los Angeles, and been living here three years...I've heard all the buzz about Arnold running for governor, of course. As I understand it, whether he wins or loses, he'll still do movies. There is another Conan movies in the works (King Conan, or something like that?), and of course the T4 movie I hear rumored, as well as a remake of "Westworld," which originally starred Yul Brenner as a dysfunctional cowboy robot, but now is set to star Arnold (though I hear -- despite expectations -- he won't be playing another homocidal droid, but the goodguy this time)

Anyway, it seems like THE movie to see this 4th of July weekend will be T3 -- plenty of fireworks, it looks like. I can't wait.

(Besides, I wanna be sure to have seen this movie in case Arnold DOES get elected governor -- you just know all the SNL jokes and newspaper cartoons are going to make coy references to T4!)

Happy 4th of July!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 07:34 am
I don't know how Arnie is going to turn around the state economy. California will run out of money in August. Because Bush didn't win here, I wonder what he will do to bail out the state. His Enron buddies are almost solely responsible for the crisis -- however, Grey Davis was a big benefactor of their bibary contributions which brought to mind an old anecdote of mine after a Democrat in Orange County got suckered in by some smart Merril Lynch brokers (ML since having to pay the county back millions of ill-gotten gains).

The different between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats are stupid and lose money, Republicans are smart and steal it.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 07:45 am
Isn't politics mostly show business? It's all media presentation -- same ratings, different show!
From Total recall: Will it give us 'The Governator'?

"Mr. Schwarzenegger, though, is still a bona fide movie star, headlining $60 million blow-'em-ups well into the far side of middle age. Forget about his positions or preparation - did Jesse Ventura have a track record in public finance? - and just think of Arnold as cultural icon; as a publicity magnet for all things California. Because sometimes even brands like California have to remind customers they exist.
Arnold knows firepower. He also knows the media. And media savvy helped float Governor Ventura for four years at the helm of Minnesota: The unpredictable ex-wrestler hit the airwaves like a force of nature - on talk shows and as color commentator for a brazen new football league. How many Tonight Show appearances has Gray Davis had?"

Looks like Gov. Davis is well on his way to a recall vote.
From Davis Recall Effort In Eleventh Hour:

"With recall proponents cruising past 800,000 signatures of the almost 900,000 needed by Sept. 2 to put the recall question on the ballot and under fresh pressure to resign, beleaguered California Gov. Gray Davis grimly stands by his publically-stated stance that he will worry about the recall only if it qualifies.
In all of American history, only North Dakota Gov. Lynn Frazier was ousted by recall – and that was back in 1921."
0 Replies

brando

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:24 pm
mixing business with pleasure...?
Well, I admit I have never been very political. And to tell the truth, I must always hold the private lives of celebrities apart from their entertainment personas...If I considered the private life of Woody Allen or Roman Polanski for too long, how could I be much a fan of Annie Hall or Chinatown?

So, I admit I can't really say I know where to stand on the issue of Governor Schwarzenegger, but I do know I enjoy him in the flicks.

Personally, I look forward to the Conan and Westworld projects, and I most certainly will be in line to see T3 this weekend to get my fill of July 4th fireworks.

Have a happy Independence Day!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 07:32 pm
brando..welcome

and thanks for the info on Conan and westworld projects...they sound interesting.

If you're going to check this flick out this weekend..you'll have to give us a go or no on it at least.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 10:12 pm
well i saw the movie i thought there was some plot it was like a puzzle haha but it was not bad and i heard the interview he said he will make the 4th one if the fans will want to if they really want the 4th one he will make one and yea he wanting to go for cali gov i don't mind i live in cali and i would vote for him instead of davis
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
They're likely milking the time paradox theme by now and according to what I've read, the film is more action blow-it-up in plotline. Not something I think I'll drag myself out to the cinema for but I'll likely catch it on Pay-Per-View or rental. I suppose the big screen adds to the thrill but since one can't control the ear piercing sound and they can at home, I'll opt for waiting. Arnold, again, is at best a mediocre, one-dimensional actor and anyone who wants to inherit California's massive fiscal mess is out of their minds.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:56 am
Wow, brando (love your handle). The Conan movies were the ones that I loved, too.

Boy, Mr. Wizard, are you right about the sound thing on the big screen. Last time I coerced my husband into going to the movie with me, he put cotton in his ears Razz
0 Replies