MOVING A LIST OF MICROSOFT LINKS TO A2K

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 06:05 pm
I have now used 73 names in the WHO POSTED THIS activity. Each name has its own document page wherein I posted the author's approval, the quote and their profile. Sooooo, I have a folder with all 73 names (documents) listed in alphabetical order. I want to move these names to A2K; proof and edit and then present them as the list to date.

No can do...at least with my present knowledge. HELP!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,540 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 06:06 pm
What medium are they on?

Word Documents?

Excel?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:01 pm
Sorry, I've been out of town.

They are on Word documents.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:48 am
How about using copy/paste?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 08:17 am
I tried that repeatly. When I click on the new document to paste, paste is missing. Only Undo, delete and select all remain. Could it have anything to do with the fact that all 80 items have Word document symbols?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 01:01 pm
You're trying to move this stuff from Word to ... where? Email? Excel? Another Word document? Able2Know?

If it's Word, just do a save-as command and save the document as another Word document.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:44 am
Mmmmmmm..... I'm trying to isolate the Word symbols from the member name and date (symbol Mapleleaf 6-28-03). Then I want to transfer the alphabetical list to the reply box in WHO POSTED THIS. This way members could check the list to determine what names have already been used.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:49 pm
I don't know what you mean by "Word symbols". If it's typing, it can be copied and pasted. You seem to be talking about something else, but I'm not getting it.

What version of Word is this? What do these "symbols" look like? Are they letters? Numbers? Pictures of some sort?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 05:48 pm
2000. The symbol is the icon for Word document. I have 82 Word documents listed in a folder. Mmmmmm....I'd forgotten that. All the documents are listed in a folder, not a Word document. That's it....I'm trying to copy the items posted in a folder.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:32 pm
Got it.

You can't move the documents, you have to open the documents and copy and paste their contents.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:34 pm
Are you trying to select 82 files in Explorer, copy, then paste the file name list, rather than the actual files, into Microsoft Word?
No that won't work exactly like that. I use an image browser/viewer program called ACDSee that can list all the filenames in a folder into a txt file. However that's just one minor feature of this commercial program. I don't currently know the names of any free programs that can do that for you, but I don't think it would be too difficult to track down at a place like download.com or cnet
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:38 am
From a Microsoft Word 2000 folder, I am attempting to
Quote:
copy, then paste the file name list, rather than the actual files, into [a] Microsoft Word [document]?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:48 am
You can't do that without special programs.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 06:08 am
Thank-you.
0 Replies