My wife is complaining I play too much of this PC game.

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:17 am
you ALMOST left him, blue? why on earth would you stay with a loser who cannot respect you or himself?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:05 am
dagmaraka wrote:
you ALMOST left him, blue? why on earth would you stay with a loser who cannot respect you or himself?

Some people are only happy when they are miserable.

I saw a sign up in our local grocery store that a sort of AA group for PC game junkies has started up at a local church. I think these games work on brain the same way as alcohol, compulsive shopping and gambling for many people.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:09 am
sure they do, that is the understandable part. the enabling by their partners is what is less understandable to me.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:21 pm
solomon had it right, cut the guy in half and then he can play the video game, too.

this isn't rocket science, you're playing a game too much, it's pissing your wife off. you want to know how to have both? play less. if your wife is too controlling, then keep playing. if she's not, STOP! although you might throw the game out anyway, if there isn't enough brain left to figure this out. the tv, too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 04:55 pm
Justcallmeblue--

Welcome to A2K.

If I were you, I'd find a new fiancee. Your present one is both selfish and uncooth.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 05:52 pm
i didn't want to leave him because i never had a father growing up and i wanted my son to have one. I'm admittedly a pathetic coward who is afraid of being alone in the world. The more i suffer, the more it shows i really care, right?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:13 pm
justcallmeblue wrote:
i didn't want to leave him because i never had a father growing up and i wanted my son to have one. I'm admittedly a pathetic coward who is afraid of being alone in the world. The more i suffer, the more it shows i really care, right?

Shocked (rare use of emoticon to underline my reaction)

Is this the man you want your child to model himself after!!!???? You will be proud of your son if he behaves like this man??? Having a selfish, cheating, stupid father is worse than having no father at all. Shame on you if you expose this loser to your son and tell him it's OK to be like him. Find a good man and dump this dope. Show your child that both of you deserve better, and if you can't find better, just be the parent you want your son to be one day.

Suffering in this case has nothing to do with caring or love- it has to do with the fact that you do not respect yourself. If you can't get your self-respect together find a therapist to help you.

For your son's sake I hope you wake up soon.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 02:11 pm
Justcallmeblue--

So you suffer to show him that you really care and he shows you how much he really cares by making you suffer?

This does not sound like a healthy place to raise a kid.

This does not sound like a healthy place for you to be.

Are you financially dependent on this guy?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 02:18 pm
justcallmeblue wrote:
The more i suffer, the more it shows i really care, right?

holy crap, that line made me laugh out loud. I rarely do that.

I can't even think now. I'm astounded.
Maybe I'll be back after I stop chuckling....
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 03:08 pm
Quote:
...wanted my son to have one. I'm admittedly a pathetic coward who is afraid of being alone in the world. The more i suffer, the more it shows i really care, right?

holy hell... listen, part of me wants to assume you're kidding, or having a laugh at our expense, but i always assume the person is serious. the only way you're ever going to be able to do anything good for your son is to deal with this situation- not the one with the video game player, the bigger situation- your fear.

you're not alone in the world, you're surrounded by people. this is impossible for the average person to avoid. some of them care about you. some of them don't. some of them will help you. some of them will not. nothing you do will change that. however, you can get more out of life if you do not let fear dominate and weaken you.

if you want a strong kid, sell him to gypsies. he will grow up strong, and learn a trade. alternatively, and what i recommend instead, is that you find a way to grow stronger and be a role model for him. at least you can admit your weaknesses. don't underestimate that- most people prefer to lie to themselves. that's a kind of integrity, cultivate it. identity is strength, and truth is freedom. good luck to the lot of you.
0 Replies

khadijah1213

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:01 am
@Jeremiah,
buy a new game or go play fetch with your kids
0 Replies