dissertation support group

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:22 pm
@dagmaraka,
http://www.courrierinternational.com/illustrations/chronique/2006/12/i73200px-Je_me_souviens.jpg

stop editing! mmmm or else?

0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:16 am
how...how did you know? i re-read this whole thread and i'm sure i don't mention "Je me souviens" anywhere.... which was actually the original title of the Diss (now of one chapter). Musta been talking about it some other time, eh?

why am i not sleeping? Finished editing at 6am, yeah. Housemates woke me up at 11am with kitchen banging and such...and I can't sleep since. I should be exhausted and reliefed, but i'm just hyper and still kinda strung out. weird. i'm sure i'll crash and sleep eventually.
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:36 am
@dagmaraka,
Post-natal stuff.

Also..."what the **** do I do now?" stuff.

(As you said.)
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 06:46 am
@dlowan,
and LONELINESS. i realized with horror that one of the side effects of this is that i know nobody outside of work colleagues and have nobody to run to to be jubilant with. i'd go to the gym, but i'm sooo tired. might just go to sauna and suffer a silent heart attack, heh.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 06:46 am
@dagmaraka,
NOT before the defense, though. only after i have that damn piece of paper in hand am i allowed to perish.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 07:31 am
@dagmaraka,
Free at last!!

Almost.

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 08:57 am
@dlowan,
it is finally sinking in. slowly. yesterday i felt violently ill, since it was the first morning after a full night of sleep after weeks, post-serious stress. couldn't even take water...it got better as the day went and i went to the gym, spinned it out (biking) and sweated it out in steam room and sauna (i like to imagine i can purge all the toxins out). Then i watched The Wire at home...still unable to quite enjoy...having vague pangs of guilt and fear....then realizing i don't have to anymore, but not able to shake them. Estragno. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually, or I'll find another big project to feel guilty about.
Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:12 am
@dagmaraka,
The guilt and the anxiety will never go away. I'm still having the occasional nightmare where I get this phone call from a university secretary: "About this mistake in your thesis we just discovered: We're sorry, but we had to revoke your degree. Please send us a corrected version so we can re-award it."
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:30 pm
@dagmaraka,
Oy veh!!! Hopefully it will pass. The guilt, I mean.

Depends how neurotic you are generally, I guess.

Are you having a crisis of meaning/structure? The fear of freedom?

Go out and have some fun!!!!
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:30 pm
@Thomas,
Shocked Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:43 pm
@dlowan,
it passed already :-D
it's just an occasional pang and then i remember that it's nothing. yesterday i was still feeling ill, but today is a brand new day.... plus i went to a boxing class again and to sauna -- nothing works better!
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:45 pm
@dagmaraka,
Kewl!!!!
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 03:33 pm
@dlowan,
day after tomorrow!
dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 03:48 pm
@dagmaraka,
That's very gnomic.

What is the day after tomorrow?

Today?

Puzzled in Oz.

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 03:54 pm
@dlowan,
the D-FENCE is day after tomorrow, concretely on Wednesday.
dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:07 pm
@dagmaraka,
Well, then!!!!

Be glorious and victorious in your defence!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 05:05 pm
@dagmaraka,
Whooooooohoooooooo!

woot woot woot woot
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 05:17 pm
Dag...You may not have a chance to visit us before Wednesday. Get lots of sleep; eat healthy and know that all of us here on A2K hope that you
(1) Break a leg
(2) Knock 'em dead
(3) Take no prisoners
Thomas

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 05:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
What Realjohnnyboy said.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Here, quiet. You know what you know, eh? be at peace. Break a leg.
0 Replies