dissertation support group

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 02:19 am
Am meeting an MP today to whom I have written by accident this weekend!! i have an email template that i send around, i copied his address from the web, and was going to research him to see if he is time-worthy, but i leaned on the keyboard with my elbow and off the email went. he replied in hungarian (which i don't speak a word of except for a few cursewords) that i can meet him today (friend translated). alas, i forgot which party he is from!! i will just ask him about the position of 'your party' - hopefully he will mention it by name at some point. i will go to academic hell once i die, i am sure of it. in the afternoon i am meeting the ombudsman for minorities, whom i don't really want to interview and have nothing to ask him, but whatever. i will. to survive the day, i am going to get a haircut somewhere. as a souvenir from budapest. i clearly deserve one!!!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 08:30 am
lovely dag...going in blind on all sides...I suggest having a pedicure and manicure while you're at it..you could be a bit in need of some pampering..and certainly desrving of it through all this...
good luck, Im sure it will all be well...keeping my fingers crossed for you at least.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 03:24 pm
So - when does our Dagglepuss return to the embrace of these united states, away from the clutches of ombudsfolk and such?

Oh, have you WRITTEN anything, sweetie?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 03:40 pm
Embrace?

In the interests of the completion of her dissertation, I've made a couple of calls to the State Dept. If all goes well, she should be denied re-entry to the United States, where I feel there are too many distractions for dear Dag to ever complete this project.

I only hope she took all of her research with her, because everything in her apartment has probably been confiscated by now.

Anything to help!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 03:57 pm
Running dog of capitalism!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 03:59 pm
I have given much capital to others, but I have none to show in return.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 04:08 pm
Hmmmmm - I feel your pain!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:50 am
Hey p-dog!!!
/-- > /
* * \ \ /
@ \___________\ _/_
> } / / /
\ / / / /
I I____________I I / / /
I_I I_I
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:57 am
hmmmmm, that did not work out quite as intended. see it was a dog attacked by a pitchfork. it now seems like one of those chinese dogs with the excess of skin. oh well.
I was on MTV yesterday. MTV is not what you think, although it is television. It is Magyar Televisio. I happened to be in the Committee Room during a press conference of the MP with whom i met thatnks to my elbow leaning on the keyboard sending him an email. And darn, that was before I got the new haircut. The haircut is a funky one, of the helmet series, littlek would know what that means. Aerodynamic back and messy surroundings, sure you can picture it from the description.
now i have to meet with #3 from the Agrarian Party, that does nothing else but strikes. Truck drivers, teachers, whoever wants to strike, they're there. grrrrr phooey, i don't think i actually need a phd for anything. anyone interested in taking over?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 04:08 am
Keep on truckin', Dagmar!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:06 am
quick report from komarno, southern slovakia. hot and humid, quite like some of us imagine hell. only flies seem to enjoy it, they have them the size of mountain eagles here, in angry herds. people are extremely friendly here, i tapped one or two people and they phoned around for me, arranged interviews and local newspaper even interviewed me, haha. one of the interviewees gave me a basket of wonderful home-grown peaches, all organic of course, and the size of mountain eagles also. research is a wonderful thing. but i will have to hire someone to write the dreadful thing. anyone? i can offer maybe even $20!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:17 am
Oooh, I'll take it, I'll take it!

This paper is supposed to be about 250 words long, right...?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:34 am
$20US a word, I presume?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:39 am
Oh, that's a MUCH better idea. For $20 US per word I'll write ya a big long screed.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:37 am
i did, kept on trucking, and here i am, in chicago, presenting a chapter from my opus in 2 1/2 hours. arrrrgh, boy, am i nervous. i don't want to prepare anymore, i don't want to walk around town just yet, i can just wait and wait. armed with transparencies all that can happen is that i'll ramble too much and won't be able to answer a single question. so help me god. will be back to bragg about how it went. if i'm not back, i died of shame...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:21 pm
You shall do just fine..deep breathing--well, slow deep breathing and not until you pass out or anything Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 05:20 pm
Well, here's a retroactive "break a leg": break a leg.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:23 pm
i did, i broke a leg. figuratively speaking. rambled too much, skipped half the paper, but overall good good good. schmooozed at a reception, for which i get extra red points, for i am such a bad schmoozer. a historian bought me a drink, i bought me another one and was the prime schmoozer afterwards. 8:20pm, ready to dive into bed. chicago must wait...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:37 pm
cool. I'm just marking, surprised to see a long dormant thread come back to life. Go to sleep and let's hear more about today and the last year tomorrow. -rjb-
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:59 pm
Did they put you up somewhere nice?
0 Replies