dissertation support group

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 05:39 pm
@dagmaraka,
Now, clean all the jelly and sticky **** offn the keys to your computer.
BTB-I was talking with Thomas this PM and he pronounced your name correctly (according to he). IVE ALWAYS read your name as a "handle" that was a flipover of DAGMAR and AKA, this , to me , you were AKA DAGMAR. Me so dumm.
littlek

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:22 pm
@farmerman,
You not dumm, you correct.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 05:21 am
@littlek,
you mean her name IS Dagmar? kewl. My great aunt was named Dagmar and there was an old time movie star with that name. Its an unusual name but a neat one.

PS, will you now attempt to publish your diss?
jespah

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 09:22 am
@farmerman,
Gathering pics from last night are here: http://able2know.org/topic/67974-51#post-3585663
littlek

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm
@jespah,
Tappitytaptaptap.....

So..... did she make it home? No news in email, or on FB or A2K. Here's hoping that her off-line status means she took today off from work.
jespah

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:31 pm
@littlek,
Hangin' around with ya.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:35 pm
@littlek,
The flight was via London, right?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 08:39 am
@littlek,

(Dr. Dag sighting on FB this morning...)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:37 pm
I'm here, alive and well. Slept 18 hours as soon as I got home, and I don't have a laptop at home (well, now I do, borrowed from the office) - mine is in a hospital.

It's a bummer to be back, I would much rather stay in Boston. It's also hard to get motivated at work, since this chapter (the Netherlands) is very much part of the "finishing the Diss" chapter - and that is closed as far as I'm concerned. I wanna move home tomorrow, but I'll have to wait 3 months...not so terrible.

Dagmar is my real name indeed, dagmaraka is a play on that since dagmar is usually taken. My diss was published already - each chapter in a different book, and third one might be republished in the U.S. if my third reader has her way... and she is one fierce crazy lady.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:42 pm
@dagmaraka,
Glad to see you safely back and rested, anyway. I think now you could use some trouble to get into...
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:44 pm
@ossobuco,
i suspect i would need some money for that... :-(
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:00 pm
@dagmaraka,
That's my excuse too..
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:17 pm
@ossobuco,
this time it's a matter of survival, i'm afraid. 60 euros till the payday, which is in a little over 2 weeks... ah well, i do love rice and spinach, thankgod.
littlek

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:36 pm
@dagmaraka,
Add beans and you could live on that for a while.
jespah

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:13 pm
@littlek,
Glad to see you home safe and sound.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:17 pm
@jespah,
I came in in the middle, I think. What subject area does Dag have a PHD in?
jespah

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
Kickboxing.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:39 pm
@dagmaraka,
there's our Doc.............. happy to see you girl! Didn't you do well. Razz

yay for you!

3 months girl - things to do, people to see, pics to post!

gotta makes some plans before you return - talk soon.

You should be verra proud of you. We are! Very Happy
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 01:23 am
@Izzie,
I think I have "Missing Boston" blues...so everything here is ever so slightly repulsive/boring/inadequate.... that should get a little better i hope. no money doesn't help much, bah. too old for this crap, looking forward to a real grown up life...ah wait, maybe this is it?

my phd is NOT in kickboxing. straight-up, traditional pure and simple boxing thankyouverymuch. and some political science, ethnic mobilization and crap.
msolga

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 04:12 am
@dagmaraka,
Congratulations, dag! (Sorry for being late to the party.)

Good on you!
0 Replies