dissertation support group

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 05:02 am
@dagmaraka,
Sorry, when we were in the bar I couldn't hear verra well. Then again, none of us could.

Next time we're together, we'll all bring flash cards.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 07:48 am
@littlek,
Oh that's just fabulous news, though not unexpected. Very Happy

Just great!

And published no less, I see.

Wowsa.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 04:02 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
I think I have "Missing Boston" blues...so everything here is ever so slightly repulsive/boring/inadequate.... that should get a little better i hope.

I hope so, too. But if it doesn't, we'll be happy to take you back. (Not that I can speak for Boston -- would you settle for New York by any chance?)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 06:40 am
@dagmaraka,
Quote:
I think I have "Missing Boston" blues...so everything here is ever so slightly repulsive/boring/inadequate.... that should get a little better i hope. no money doesn't help much, bah. too old for this crap, looking forward to a real grown up life...ah wait, maybe this is it?

It seems like that here, and I've never even been to Boston.

(Well, I did connect in Logan on my way to Milan once. Perhaps that's what's got me down.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 10:45 am
already swamped with project proposal deadlines (4 in a month!), so no time for blues no more. highly recommended.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 10:42 am
If i was in Boston today, I would be throwing my hat in the air just about now, granulating. Instead, I'm enjoying a red curry from the Asian market and watching The Wire. Ain't bad either. They'll send that piece of paper by mail which is fine by me.

Next step - own apartment and a Serious Academic Job. watch out, real life, here i come.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 10:47 am
@dagmaraka,
On your next visit to Boston you still can do that, dag. You seem a bit forlorn in The Hague, but only a few more weeks and you're back in Bratislava - you came full circle.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 11:15 am
@CalamityJane,
The graduation ceremony is today, but indeed, I can throw any hat in the air, anywhere :-)

Yes, the Hague did not grow on me much, and I am often daydreaming of my own apartment in Slovakia -- just a few weeks away!
sozobe

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 05:46 pm
@dagmaraka,
Happy granulation day -- hope you threw your hat.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 06:09 pm
happy day, indeed.
But, you know what, I have never been able to figure out what Dag and Nimh actually DO. I can picture each of them, with a knife clenched between their teeth, swimming across some river in Eastern Europe. I hope they are the same side.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 07:33 pm
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
Dr. Dag
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 04:16 am
Who can turn the world on with her smile?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xwivn7Jnads/SRSyQ9ki9bI/AAAAAAAAAAM/LRoXibUliic/s320/mary7.gif
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 03:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

happy day, indeed.
But, you know what, I have never been able to figure out what Dag and Nimh actually DO. I can picture each of them, with a knife clenched between their teeth, swimming across some river in Eastern Europe. I hope they are the same side.

Haven't been here for awhile, but yes, that is precisely what we do for living: we transport knives from one side of the river to the other.

Newsflash: 2 work days left, on the third I fly back home. FOREVER!
Francis

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 03:18 pm
Dag wrote:
Newsflash: 2 work days left, on the third I fly back home. FOREVER!

Without even stopping in Paris, geez!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 03:32 pm
@dagmaraka,
Good for you -- enjoy!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 06:06 pm
I am very happy for you! You seemed so down about where you are now. But not for much longer!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 06:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's kind of been my impression, with Francis lurking below in a wet suit.
littlek

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 06:10 pm
@roger,
<snort!>
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 06:07 pm
@littlek,
Last night!

(and that's a good thing, as my housemate proceeded to fry onion past 1am downstairs...aaanyway)

Tomorrow I will sleep in my own bed, and go straight to sit in a committee to evaluate applicants for the university i'm gonna be teaching at, and straight from there I go to a wedding of one of my best friends. On Monday there is an "unveiling" of a book I have a chapter in. Seems that I won't have time to be pondering the change in the locale much, which is how I like my changes to happen.
Izzie

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 06:10 pm
@dagmaraka,
hey there gal - happy moving day - know you are so happy to be going home. so verra proud of you. you are a star and you're about to shine even brighter. good on you DocDag. much love x
0 Replies