On Being Very Poor

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:03 am
@Endymion,
Thanks, endy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:31 am
hey edgar...the thought strikes me that with all this doom and gloom about the economy...we have a leg up on a lot of other people because we know how to be poor and get by.... maybe we could start a consulting firm and teach people how to get by on nothing.... we might clean up Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:48 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I don't think this Play Station Generation could handle it.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:54 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't know edgar...a few years ago right after I was so sick and we had to really pull in our belts for a while my cubs were good about it even though it was difficult for them especially. people are resilient.... young people anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:57 am
You are probably right. People do what they have to. They don't basically change.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 11:06 am
Just the most remarkable quiet dignity in a man I have never met and yet have come to know so well.

You have my everlasting admiration.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@PDiddie,
edgar's a prize. no doubt about it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 03:39 pm
Hello Edgar. This is the first time I've seen this thread, otherwise I would have commented earlier.

First of all, I echo what Snood has said here:
snood wrote:
Thank you for telling that story, edgar. It touched me, and helps me understand better who you are. I also appreciate your views about people that cannot empathize.

I'll further add that you have done remarkably well to turn your life around by battling your alcoholism, along with other things.

Well done!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
Ed.

No wonder Mr Obama collected millions in small donations.

I hope he doesn't let them all down.

Media must make you search for a hole to get sick in.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:03 pm
@spendius,
Death to all those who would whimper and cry.
PDiddie

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 08:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
C'mon old bean, we like seeing your mug but I miss the old Ford that previously represented you.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 08:55 pm
@PDiddie,
I loved that old car. Pissed me off when the old man traded it for a shiny blue Chrysler.
0 Replies