Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:03 am
every time I have booted up for the last week I get a window saying (insert your CD rom with the virtual truck program. looking for files. D:\installs\tcra usb\vtruck2.eye) can anyone tell me what this means and how I can stop it.
Some cable Internet Service Providers (including NTL in the UK) provide an installation utility based on the BroadJump Virtual Truck. It comes on a CD. You could find this and put it in the CDROM drive & click OK this might shut it up. Your computer most likely thinks that a previous install of this was interrupted before it finished.
- OR -
Presuming your cable internet is working OK, follow these instructions
1. Quit the installer (close the window that pops up by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner)
2. Right click on the Start button
3. Select Explore (Windows XP you may have to select Explore all Users)
4. Double click the Programmes folder
5. Double click the Startup folder
6. Remove "VTAgentReboot.exe" (Right click and Delete)
7. Restart the Computer
If the above fix doesn't work:
8. Search (Windows + F key) for the VTAgent file on the PC. This file is normally located in a Temp folder.
Delete VTAgent file and reboot.
or (mainly Windows 98 or ME)
9. Click on Start and go upto Run
10. Type in the Box msconfig and click on OK
11. Select the win.ini tab
12. Click on the plus sign (+) for the Windows Folder
13. Remove the tick from "run=.........VTAgentReboot...."
14. Click on Apply then OK
15. Restart the Computer
The first set of instructions you gave me did the trick