0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:17 pm
Ok let me clairfy a bit.

GET OFF ALL OTHER GODS>
Bible
Koran
Myth Zeuz etc.

And please try to be a bit more serious.

IF GOD Existed what would you think his/her traits would be.

I believe that if God existed his/her traits would be
Love.
Kind.
Longsuffering.
Gentle, yet firm.

Added: JUST, given by: Miller
Miller what is Just? And what is not to you?

Answers from others.

hingehead
Vengful...... But to what purpose?
Perverse sense of humour..... again to what purpose?
How do these two traits fit in with a loving God?

dadpad
What make you think that it would have even vaugly human traits?
That is a good point, but the answer is this.....
If God existed we could only understand him/her through our own limited views and emotions.

hingehead
I only know humans so my description is based on the kind of human who would have designed the world we live and the lives we lead.
Intresting answer.
So do you believe there is a God/dess?

Eorl
The closest I can get is to imagine a god who said "Let there be a universe" 13.7 billion years ago and then had absolutley nothing to do with it since. What traits can I assume such a god would have? I have no idea.
Ok lets assume that God did exist for you answer ok.
What makes you think he has no interaction with it?

Miller
A God, who's just.
I will add this one to the list.....

Doktor S
If the god of 'the bible' actually existed, meaning the biblical stories, both old and new testaments were true...
You'd have a jealous, vengeful, egomaniacal petty and childlike god, wrought with human frailties. This would be something to be fought against tooth and nail.
Dok I am not talking about the GOD of any HOLY BOOK. I am talking about generalites only.
IF God existed.....
Don't go trying to carry this back to the bible please.

Eorl
I'd settle for who's just there.
Ok for this pretend God how would you know that he/her was or wasn't there?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 10:24 pm
Scott777ab wrote:

hingehead
I only know humans so my description is based on the kind of human who would have designed the world we live and the lives we lead.
Intresting answer.
So do you believe there is a God/dess?

Absolutely not. If there is he's a complete wanker at best.

If you were omnipotent why would you create a bunch of flawed species on a planet. To what end? Reminds me of Melllvar in Futurama.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 10:28 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Ok let me clairfy a bit.

GET OFF ALL OTHER GODS>
Bible
Koran
Myth Zeuz etc.

And please try to be a bit more serious.

IF GOD Existed what would you think his/her traits would be.

I believe that if God existed his/her traits would be
Love.
Kind.
Longsuffering.
Gentle, yet firm.

Eorl

What makes you think he has no interaction with it?

Ok for this pretend God how would you know that he/her was or wasn't there?

How can we ignore all the possible gods when you are proposing that one hypothetical god exists? Even if you said "the god that the pope believes in" we would still have to nail down which pope, because they all believe in a slightly different god (assuming they believe at all). In fact, any one pope could believe in a god with different attributes at different times in his life.

Are you even aware that you are making up attributes for your pretend god, simply because you want him/her to have them? You've listed the attributes one would hope for in a perfect father. How's your relationship with your dad? Has he turned out to be less than the perfect being he seemed when you were younger?

A god who interacted with the universe would have left some kind of evidence, any kind at all....unless it is his deliberate intent to trick us ...and if that's the case, it's just as easy to believe that my cat created the universe last thursday.

NOTHING in the universe even suggests anything other than natural cause and effect, all the way back to the big bang. Any scientist on the planet would kill to find just one tiny thing that appeared to be "supernatural".

Scott, you are so in the habit of "knowing" that there is a pink winged elephant in your uncle's garage, that you can't see why all the other kids don't believe you when you tell them. (It's not like you've actually seen it. It's just that your uncle told you it was true, and the whole family backed him up.)
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 11:47 pm
Re: Pretend #1 God.
Hey, what the hell, Scott? Why did you leave me out? I wanna play, too. (I said "deranged", BTW.)
But maybe I didn't understand what you were asking us to do. Are we supposed to list the attributes that we think would describe a god if one actually does exist? Or do you want us to list the attributes that we wish god would have (if there had to be a god)? If that's the case, I'll have to think up something else.
0 Replies