ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:03 pm
Quote:
Homer Simpson, the idiot-savant father of the US's most dysfunctional cartoon family, has emerged at the top of an international poll to find the greatest Americans.

Some people will proclaim it a sad day when a slob like Homer, whose brain has the cutting edge of the doughnuts he endlessly devours, can knock Abraham Lincoln into second place and leave Martin Luther King trailing in third.
D'oh! Homer's the greatest

on the flip (?) side, canajuns still kinda like muricans.
Quote:
Despite recent struggles Canada has had with the United States over the war in Iraq, mad cow and softwood lumber, a poll commissioned by the CBC indicates Canadians still think Americans make pretty good neighbours.

Eighty-one per cent of respondents said they had a favourable attitude toward the U.S. Only 16 per cent said their attitude was negative.

Canadians still like Americans: Poll

what i want to know is: do canajuns like muricans cuz we think they're all like Homer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,009 • Replies: 40
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:13 pm
Doh! Why would you ask? Slobber, slaver.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:20 pm
Hehehehe
Maybe you canehjuns like us because many of you know us as individuals rather than just as a big stinky nation.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:37 pm
I agree with Littlek. When the internet came along and brought everyone in the world in one spot where we can all learn and understand eachother, it gave us a chance to get to know eachother and make friends with so many people who we never understood before. I was born an American and spent most of my life in the US, so I already knew how many wonderful American people there were out there, but the internet is truly the best place for people to come together.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:06 pm
The internet helps, but we share a loooong border. I think many of us N Americans have met some neighbors to either side of the borders (N and S). Word gets around. No one is crossing the our border to kill each other for political or religious reasons.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:24 pm
Abraham who?

Obviously Abe Simpson, Homer's dad.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 10:34 am
I thought it was interesting that canajuns liked muricans in spite of feeling that canajuns were poorer as a result of the relationship.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 03:59 pm
What? You folk give alms to Americans or something?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:02 pm
Y'all really think you're poorer because of the relationship (I mean, aside from all the stuff that would have been yours had we not been on the scene)?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:02 pm
If them Canajuns is agivin' out alms, i'm still awaitin' fer mine . . .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:07 pm
I need three or four me own self!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:20 pm
Ahem - a L m s.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:23 pm
what are you ahemming about, rabbit?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:26 pm
Bill W's joke.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 04:27 pm
???????
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 05:30 pm
i think setanta has been well fed by us canajuns - isn't that what giving alms is all about : to keep the other human being from starving to death; he,he! hbg...(NO SLIGHT INTENDED !!!)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 05:32 pm
I can only fondly dream of bowls of potatoes, plates of sausages and baskets of bread rolls . . . and that was just breakfast ! ! !
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 05:52 pm
First time I woke up and walked into a dining room in a German hotel I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Do they put out that kind of spread up there? If so, I can be in my car and headed north in ten minutes...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 05:56 pm
Meet me in Tarana this weekend, and we'll head over to Kingston to beg alms . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 06:02 pm
I be over on the other side of the continent, 'tanta. Otherwise, I'd love ta meet ya for on Ontarian Panhandle...
0 Replies