Hey Barbarian?

Bartikus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:26 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Do humanists believe that a person should love their enemies? Do humanists believe they should offer the other cheek?

Would humanists believe the reaction of the Amish as humanistic or something even beyond what a humanist would call for?

Would any humanist you know attend the funeral of the murderer who killed their children to offer condolences to the family?

Forget humanists.....have you heard of anyone doing such things?

I admit I have not.

Who says that punishment is the absence of LOVE? Who says that there is no LOVE in punishment? Does punishing your enemy for his crime mean that you do not love him?

I don't know....who?

Punishment as from a father to a child...is often a result of love. Who said it was'nt? The Amish may have forgiven and would rather the murderer not take his own life but, that does'nt mean he did'nt need punished. I don't think just because they forgave does'nt mean they feel he should have gone scot free.

Just not take his own life. They did not glory in the fact the man died.

Let's make one thing clear. When the State, Federal, or local governments lock up a criminal....it is not out of the love of the criminal.

Were you addresing my questions? Because if you did....I don't see how. Like this question:

"These people offered love and forgiveness when given hatred and murder.Sound like anyone you know?"

You have read into what I wrote that just is'nt there. Not to mention the fact that I try to address your questions and....you don't even bother giving any answers to mine.

Seems like your just sitting back thinking of more questions. Why is that?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:43 pm
Bartikus wrote:

Actually by law no hospital can turn away any patient who faces a potentially life threatening situation. If you have no money or insurance and are bleeding profusely....please go to the nearest medical facility as quickly as possible. They will not turn you away.

They will bill you but, will not turn you away.

So, do they bill those who are convicted of crimes? Or who pays their bills?

Bartikus wrote:
I spent over 30 days in a non-catholic hospital because of kidney failure. A
woman from a state or federal agency interviewed me a few days before I was to be released and because of my limited income and lack of insurance.....I never even received a bill. She told me I qualified for assistance.

Mindy...you are not suggesting that anyone in mortal danger who does not have insurance or enough money should not even bother approaching a hospital or clinic becasue they would be turned away. Is that your advice?

Do you know anything mindy about the 'healthcare' that most prisoners receive. Have you been to prison?

It's better than the healthcare of those who have no healthcare. Some healthcare is better than no healthcare
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Actually by law no hospital can turn away any patient who faces a potentially life threatening situation. If you have no money or insurance and are bleeding profusely....please go to the nearest medical facility as quickly as possible. They will not turn you away.

They will bill you but, will not turn you away.

So, do they bill those who are convicted of crimes? Or who pays their bills?

Bartikus wrote:
I spent over 30 days in a non-catholic hospital because of kidney failure. A
woman from a state or federal agency interviewed me a few days before I was to be released and because of my limited income and lack of insurance.....I never even received a bill. She told me I qualified for assistance.

Mindy...you are not suggesting that anyone in mortal danger who does not have insurance or enough money should not even bother approaching a hospital or clinic becasue they would be turned away. Is that your advice?

Do you know anything mindy about the 'healthcare' that most prisoners receive. Have you been to prison?

It's better than the healthcare of those who have no healthcare. Some healthcare is better than no healthcare

I already suggested criminals should work for their keep. Did you miss that?

In regards to healthcare....even if you have an abscessed tooth....please disregard the idea that you cannot receive healthcare without insurance and without money. Seek medical attention...you will get some healthcare.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:54 pm
I'm posting this one more time in hopes you will answer mindy.

http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/malpractice_law/hospital_patients.htm

It's called hospital malpractice!!

Can hospitals turn away patients?
Yes, but not when there is a need for emergency medical treatment.

With non-emergency treatment, it can depend on whether the hospital is a public or private one. Private hospitals are not required to provide non-emergency medical treatment to people who cannot pay.

Hospitals generally cannot stop treating a patient once he or she is admitted. Similarly, treatment cannot be discontinued by a hospital for nonpayment without sufficient notice to the patient. Treatment can be dropped, in some cases, if the patient is disruptive or defiant.

How do even illegal immigrants who have not the money or insurance receive healthcare here....in the U.S? Did you know many come to the U.S just to receive healthcare?

Do a search mindy as to the origins of the word "hospital"! See how the first hospitals came to be and understand the connection to the Hippocratic oath.

For those who have a problem associating anything positive to those who believe.....don't. Even though your life and health often depend on it.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:31 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Many results can occur not just a certain result. What result could occur to outsiders who see the Amish do this? What result could occur to the family of the murderer? Amish are'nt afraid of Lions, Tigers, Bears, or Man. They are not Antelope. God knows the results...not you.

If attacks do increase then God help those who do.

These people offered love and forgiveness when given hatred and murder.

Sound like anyone you know?

Exactly, the results of such actions are known. That is why the Bible has two choices which are available to you. You can punish the criminals or you can forgive them and allow them to continue. Two choices which will lead to varying results.

Who said anything about criminals not receiving punishment?

That is what you all have been arguing against, right?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:38 pm
What do you call "punishment"?

this is not a riddle!
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Do humanists believe that a person should love their enemies? Do humanists believe they should offer the other cheek?

Would humanists believe the reaction of the Amish as humanistic or something even beyond what a humanist would call for?

Would any humanist you know attend the funeral of the murderer who killed their children to offer condolences to the family?

Forget humanists.....have you heard of anyone doing such things?

I admit I have not.

Who says that punishment is the absence of LOVE? Who says that there is no LOVE in punishment? Does punishing your enemy for his crime mean that you do not love him?

I don't know....who?

Punishment as from a father to a child...is often a result of love. Who said it was'nt? The Amish may have forgiven and would rather the murderer not take his own life but, that does'nt mean he did'nt need punished. I don't think just because they forgave does'nt mean they feel he should have gone scot free.

Just not take his own life. They did not glory in the fact the man died.

Let's make one thing clear. When the State, Federal, or local governments lock up a criminal....it is not out of the love of the criminal.

Then who is the love for?

Bartikus wrote:
Were you addresing my questions? Because if you did....I don't see how. Like this question:

"These people offered love and forgiveness when given hatred and murder.Sound like anyone you know?"

You have read into what I wrote that just is'nt there. Not to mention the fact that I try to address your questions and....you don't even bother giving any answers to mine.

Seems like your just sitting back thinking of more questions. Why is that?

Your question was answered. Reread the thread . In a nutshell we stated that, that is the Amish's choice. You are free to choose to forgive or you can choose not to forgive. You can choose to let the criminal go free or you can choose to punish that individual. It is all up to the individual. But each choice leads to different results or consequences.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:46 pm
Bartikus wrote:

With non-emergency treatment, it can depend on whether the hospital is a public or private one. Private hospitals are not required to provide non-emergency medical treatment to people who cannot pay.

Hospitals generally cannot stop treating a patient once he or she is admitted. Similarly, treatment cannot be discontinued by a hospital for nonpayment without sufficient notice to the patient. Treatment can be dropped, in some cases, if the patient is disruptive or defiant.

How do even illegal immigrants who have not the money or insurance receive healthcare here....in the U.S? Did you know many come to the U.S just to receive healthcare?

Do a search mindy as to the origins of the word "hospital"! See how the first hospitals came to be and understand the connection to the Hippocratic oath.

For those who have a problem associating anything positive to those who believe.....don't. Even though your life and health often depend on it.

Why does the Law abiding citizen have to wait until it is an emergency before they can recieve treatment? In the mean time, the convicted felon does not have to? Go back to the beginning of the thread and read the questions. The law-abiding citizen's taxes are used to pay for the felon's healthcare, but the citizen has none. He or she has to wait until their problem becomes an emergency before they can recieve any help. Is that not barbaric?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:48 pm
echi wrote:
What do you call "punishment"?

this is not a riddle!

Definitions Merriam Webster
Punishment: (n) 1 : the act of punishing
2 a : suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution b : a penalty inflicted on an offender through judicial procedure3 : severe, rough, or disastrous treatment
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:19 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Who says that there is no LOVE in punishment?

You did.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:29 pm
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Who says that there is no LOVE in punishment?

You did.

Where?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:51 pm
Here. There is no love in punishment.

Definitions Merriam Webster
Punishment: (n) 1 : the act of punishing
2 a : suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution b : a penalty inflicted on an offender through judicial procedure3 : severe, rough, or disastrous treatment
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 11:00 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Why does the Law abiding citizen have to wait until it is an emergency before they can recieve treatment? In the mean time, the convicted felon does not have to? Go back to the beginning of the thread and read the questions. The law-abiding citizen's taxes are used to pay for the felon's healthcare, but the citizen has none. He or she has to wait until their problem becomes an emergency before they can recieve any help. Is that not barbaric?

If everything you said were true....yes it is. But, everything you said is'nt true. There are public hospitals who will see people without emergencies who have no coverage.

A convicted felon can be seen for any old boo boo? Are you nuts?

You have not been to prison mindy. Please do not talk about things you know nothing about. You re read the thread and start answering some questions.

You are now admitting that anyone with an emergency can get healthcare.Right?

Hospitals cannot as you said previously just turn people away. Convicts get turned away all the time. Who decides? Usually the guards.

A guard who has no medical expertise of any kind will decide whether a convict needs to be seen by a doctor.

I know of convicts crying and complaining of being raped to the guards and begging for help while the guards just sit back and laugh calling the victim a faggot. Barbaric mindy?

I've heard convicts asking for their medications and telling the guards that they could die without them. The guard laughing says "what makes you think I give a **** if you die...just one less punk for me to look at"! Might that be a bit barbaric enough?

Where are these prisons you speak of....they don't sound half bad. Kinda nice even. No barbarians there.

Why I even bother is beyond me now.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 05:47 pm
Bartikus wrote:
If everything you said were true....yes it is. But, everything you said is'nt true. There are public hospitals who will see people without emergencies who have no coverage.

It isn't true. Try using Google to see how many people in your country who are without healthcare.

Secondly, going to the emergency room and then getting strapped afterwards with a bill which you can't pay, is considered by you as an adequate form of healthcare? LOL!

Bartikus wrote:
A convicted felon can be seen for any old boo boo? Are you nuts?

Who goes to the doctor for "any old boo boo?" Who are you referring to? Even those who are not incarcerated do not.

Bartikus wrote:
You have not been to prison mindy. Please do not talk about things you know nothing about. You re read the thread and start answering some questions.

LOL! And how do you know?

Bartikus wrote:
You are now admitting that anyone with an emergency can get healthcare.Right?

You evidently have no idea that healthcare involves more than just going to the emergency room when One has become too sick to withstand their pain or sickness.

Bartikus wrote:
Hospitals cannot as you said previously just turn people away. Convicts get turned away all the time. Who decides? Usually the guards.
A guard who has no medical expertise of any kind will decide whether a convict needs to be seen by a doctor.

And if the guard decides, he gets free treatment.

Bartikus wrote:
I know of convicts crying and complaining of being raped to the guards and begging for help while the guards just sit back and laugh calling the victim a faggot. Barbaric mindy?

I've heard convicts asking for their medications and telling the guards that they could die without them. The guard laughing says "what makes you think I give a **** if you die...just one less punk for me to look at"! Might that be a bit barbaric enough?

At least they have free medication.

Bartikus wrote:
Where are these prisons you speak of....they don't sound half bad. Kinda nice even. No barbarians there.

All over the world. Some are in your country

Bartikus wrote:
Why I even bother is beyond me now.

LOL! You are correct. Why even bother to wake up to the reality that is around you ? Why even bother to realize that being forced to go to the emergency room for something which could possibly have been prevented with adequate healthcare is not considered healthcare. Why even bother to realize that felons are receiving better healthcare than the average citizen. Why even bother to realize that there are many children who are running around without healthcare. Why even bother to realize that the average law abiding citizen is made to pay twice; first he pays for the felons healthcare, then he has to pay for that emergency room healthcare that you love so much. Why even bother to realize that felons receive three square meals while some of the citizenry receive one and sometimes none. Why even bother to realize that felons receive free higher education which is paid by law abiding citizens. And at the same time, the average citizen does not. LOL! You are too funny. Your definition of healthcare is sad. Continue to sleep Bartikus. No need to wake up to your reality.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 01:36 am
Maybe there are some realities I need to wake up to mindy.

The healthcare described is'nt much I agree. I'm sure there are those who would'nt mind even to have access to a hospital.

Maybe I try to look at the things America does have a little too much.

What would someone from India think of our healthcare, food, roads, schools etc.?

I will agree with one thing..... there is always room for improvement and you have posed many questions I don't have an answer to.

I believe someone many posts back asked you what solutions might you propose.

My definition of healthcare may indeed be sad. My mother seen numerous doctors most of her life and was put on up to a dozen or more medications for years. I have a hard time trusting doctors for many reasons.

Cures don't produce the profits..... the treatments do.

Three words stick out in my head.

1.)Health

2.)Care

3.)Profit

Find a Doctor who cares more for the patient than his wallet and hold on tight. Same with hospitals...pharmacies...insurance companies...etc.

Again, if you have any solutions to propose. Please do.

Not to be smart but, I'm not the only who sleeps at times to certain realities. I think we all do.

P.S I have not been able to withstand the pain and sickness since about the age of 5! Maybe my perception of healthcare has something to do with that!? I dunno.
0 Replies