how did Marketting help Nike...statistical help needed

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:22 am
any kind of statistics...
how'd it start...booms and recessions... why...how'd advertising play any role...current position...
statistics...statistics...
please help me or else i'm doomed... Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,102 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
What do you need this for?

Your question is pretty vague and honestly I have no clue what you want.

A better question would be "Did Nike's advertising increase sales?" or "How much of an impact did Nike's advertising have on it's brand development?"

Are you looking for revenue statistics by year? That can be found on Nikes' website. Being a publicly traded company they have to release that information.

There isn't going to be one source that you can go to in order to figure out what I think you want to know, which is "When Nike advertised, did sales go up, did brand recognition increase, did it help Nike establish their position in the sneaker market and how did simple advertising do this?"

You are going to have to do some research on various marketing campaigns, the revenue during those campaigns and determine on your own if you believe that certain advertising campaigns (tv, print, internet) helped or hurt Nike overall. You can do this by charting the percentage of change from one campaigne to the next or by years. I am sure that there was a change from year to year when they started online advertising for example.

You'll also want to take into consideration economical events and atmosphere. Were other sneaker companies making a profit at that time? If not, why and did advertising help in any way during economic depression?

You've got a ton of work ahead of you if you are asking what you appear to be asking.
0 Replies

ABUTLER

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 05:33 pm
@lostnsearching,
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NIKE CORPORATION STARTED SELLING THEIR PRODUCTS ON LINE.
0 Replies