Brandt Oil Painting

Kingdoz

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 03:56 pm
@Helpmeout,
Unbelievable, ok I know it's 2015 now and this post is now 9 years old, but I also have a VERY similar painting, signed Bramdt, though on bottom right, same heavy on the canvas in tree area. Definitely an oldish painting. Let's hope one of ours is an original if not both:) mine was bought from a car boot sale in north London from a home removal company that clears out old people's homes and sells all their stuff. Mine was not in a frame, was partly rolled up and is on oldish canvas, also old as no oil smell at oil. I'm no art expert, I just bought it because I liked it. I will post the photo now. Contact me on [email protected] so we can swap some more pictures.
Kingdoz

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 04:15 pm
@Kingdoz,
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/Kingdoz/image.jpg1_zpsspjfdzgn.jpg
ppereira

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 07:27 am
@Kingdoz,
hi. wow.. i also have the same picture. i wanted to trash the picture and a friend said It might be worth aomething. i found this forum and the same picture. I doubt very much uts worth anything but would love to know. I bought the picture 22 years ago from a guy selling it from his car. i felt sorry for him as he needed the money. I stay in SA by the way.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 07:49 am
@ppereira,
You joined just for this?

Maybe a coupla hundred bucks, its paint on a print. Decorator art. Inexpensive frame. Anything written on the back? Got a picture of a stretcher corner?
susanc

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm
@Kingdoz,
Hi I have almost identical painting bought it in South Africa from someone selling for charity bought in the late 80's early 90's did you manage to find out anymore on the artist and origin of the painting?

please email me on [email protected] I now live in Australia.

Kind Regards

Susan
0 Replies

Opal91B

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:04 am
@Helpmeout,
I also found a Brandt painting, it used to be my grandfather's.
contact me:
[email protected]
0 Replies

Kingdoz

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 04:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Hi Bobsal, and everyone else, just so you know, yes it’s a relatively inexpensive frame, but it’s certainly not the original frame on this painting, I actually got this painting framed a few years ago in that dark wood with old brass lining because I liked the painting enough to want it on the wall, unfortunately I didn't look at the back of it to see if anything was written on it before getting it framed with current frame. Fact is, if a handful of others have popped up from London to South Africa, usually I would say there is a small possibility of it coming from one of these Chinese wholesale reproduction painters, but this seems to be very good work, and the fact a couple of us found them all the way back in the 80s means I guess it’s probably not from China and simply could be a painter or artist just doing a few versions to sell and make a few pounds. Who knows... Thats the fun thing about art, always something to wonder and ponder about... if anyone else knows anything about this painting would be great to hear more on here.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 07:20 pm
@Kingdoz,
make certain its not a giclee print, they can almost copy an oil even with brushstrokes and paint . W have two watercolor paintings by him. The subjects are more wet on wet dock and waterfront scenes. Its good work but I like the watercolors they dont get real "BUSY" with all the twigsgs and leaves. First I saw your thread, Ossobuco hasnt been with us for several years now
0 Replies