5

Brandt Oil Painting

Kingdoz

2  
Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 03:56 pm
@Helpmeout,
Unbelievable, ok I know it's 2015 now and this post is now 9 years old, but I also have a VERY similar painting, signed Bramdt, though on bottom right, same heavy on the canvas in tree area. Definitely an oldish painting. Let's hope one of ours is an original if not both:) mine was bought from a car boot sale in north London from a home removal company that clears out old people's homes and sells all their stuff. Mine was not in a frame, was partly rolled up and is on oldish canvas, also old as no oil smell at oil. I'm no art expert, I just bought it because I liked it. I will post the photo now. Contact me on [email protected] so we can swap some more pictures.
Kingdoz

1  
Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 04:15 pm
@Kingdoz,
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/Kingdoz/image.jpg1_zpsspjfdzgn.jpg
ppereira

1  
Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 07:27 am
@Kingdoz,
hi. wow.. i also have the same picture. i wanted to trash the picture and a friend said It might be worth aomething. i found this forum and the same picture. I doubt very much uts worth anything but would love to know. I bought the picture 22 years ago from a guy selling it from his car. i felt sorry for him as he needed the money. I stay in SA by the way.
bobsal u1553115

1  
Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 07:49 am
@ppereira,
You joined just for this?

Maybe a coupla hundred bucks, its paint on a print. Decorator art. Inexpensive frame. Anything written on the back? Got a picture of a stretcher corner?

susanc

1  
Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm
@Kingdoz,
Hi I have almost identical painting bought it in South Africa from someone selling for charity bought in the late 80's early 90's did you manage to find out anymore on the artist and origin of the painting?

please email me on [email protected] I now live in Australia.

Kind Regards

Susan

Opal91B

0  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:04 am
@Helpmeout,
I also found a Brandt painting, it used to be my grandfather's.
contact me:
[email protected]