A story of Hanging

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
hanging cup hooks
When you are trying to pierce a sort of hard wood, driving a sharp point into the trim to start a screw, notice whether you have a hole beneath you. Like, if there is a garbage disposal in a little sink cavity.
So put a plate over it. But because the edges of the plate can have a little brad nail run under it so easy, it is good to spread a dishtowel over the plate, and tuck it nicely around the edge of the sink.
Uh oh... there is a hole in the other sink too, better get another dish towel.
So, it is hard to reach because your arms are a little short? Get the stool, but-- now you are a little bit tall, oh well. Just hammer it.
Did that thing bounce over the counter and across the tile... yeah, right under the fridge.
OK, go into the walk-in and find that little feminine tool box you keep, and get that 'must have' you bought last year. You know, the one that telescopes long enough to get under things and has a magnetic ball on the end. But you will need the knee pads. You KNOW how hard it is to bear on these ancient knees.
Go back and get the kneeling pad too. No, it is in the laundry.
Now, you can use the flat yardstick to sort of 'rake' it toward you. Did you get the flashlight? Goody, there is one on the kitchen counter for emergencies. Well, I feel some real aggravation emerging alright!
Roll up two of those fat bath towels and put them on the two sides of the fridge facing you, yes! Hmmmm? Better put one in front of the stove and dishwasher too, there are some crevices there.
Why wont this tiny sharp point pierce this darn wood? Maybe I need to hit it a little harder... Ppyyyyyyyyyyoooooing!!!
Did it jump all the way over to the carpet?
I would get the ice pick, but I am afraid I would kill myself with the thing!!
Sigh, maybe I'll be back with the vacuum...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 5
No top replies

theollady

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:38 pm
(Pssst.....)

The cups are up... I got a bigger hammer!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:48 pm
Is this the cooking channel?
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 08:20 pm
hey edgar, how IS IT going???? All is well I hope.

What in the world would a funny story of 'hanging' have to do with cooking?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 08:47 pm
Hi there. Good to see you back. I don't know, I just though that after the hanging you were going to prepare a2k a big feast.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 08:55 pm
Thanks for the welcome.

Good thought, I suppose [for any potential feasters].

But my goal is DESIGN, I am into 'art' and interior design- actually putting up things in my own new place for the moment. but I have been lately into designing for others a bit too.
Not a big thing.... Smile becuz I really AM an ol lady.
0 Replies