Can I be taller?

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:54 am
Hello all;

I have a question about the height: I'm a 22-23 year old guy. How taller can I still get? Are there ways to increase the height of a person at that age? (basketball..?) anything to be eaten that would do it? any specific diet/supplement? a certain fitness exercise maybe?

I'd be happy to learn more about this.

THanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,116 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
I can't believe nobody answered this.

Simple: cover yourself in ketchup and hang from your feet upside down every night for 3 hours. Or just date shorter women.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:54 pm
After your early 20's an increase in bone growth is not likely.

A program of stretching exercises can add 1 to 3 inches to your reach and do wonders for your poise and self confidence.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:55 pm
Aren't there pills that will enhance tallness?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 06:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Aren't there pills that will enhance tallness?

Only if your name is Alice.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:32 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
After your early 20's an increase in bone growth is not likely.

A program of stretching exercises can add 1 to 3 inches to your reach and do wonders for your poise and self confidence.

Excellent! How can I know more about this stretching program? Im ready to go for it and do it regularly
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:48 am
I answered as I did because I know when I've been doing my exercises reaching the top shelves in the kitchen is much easier for me. My exercises are for general strength and agility.

I googled for "Stretching Increased Height" and came across a lot of sites that just reek of Snake Oil. You have your choice of many places to send money.

This site may be helpful:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=744624

I'd talk to someone at your local gym--or perhaps the "Y".
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 03:06 pm
I'd guess what you mean by stretching can increase your reach, is by stretching you're more flexible? It's not going to make your limbs any longer, just more mobile.

They always say positive thinking works wonders. Just keep repeating that rap song in your head: "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl with a cell I would call her."
0 Replies

gravenewworld

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:32 pm
Re: Can I be taller?
vonderjohn wrote:
Hello all;

I have a question about the height: I'm a 22-23 year old guy. How taller can I still get? Are there ways to increase the height of a person at that age? (basketball..?) anything to be eaten that would do it? any specific diet/supplement? a certain fitness exercise maybe?

I'd be happy to learn more about this.

THanks!

You won't get any taller. By the time you 13, you are already about 80-85% of your permanent height.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 06:30 am
No, you won't get any taller, but there are ways that will make you APPEAR taller. Standing up straight, holding your head high, will create the illusion of greater height, as well as shoring up your self-confidence.
0 Replies